Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Simple and quick.

I have a Delta Update on my iPad Mini to iOS 6.1.2 - but my iPad is currently on iOS 6.0. Can I just do the UPDATE now, and still be jailbroken, or will I need to use the evas1on to re-jailbreak on iOS 6.1.2 :)

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Simple and quick.

I have a Delta Update on my iPad Mini to iOS 6.1.2 - but my iPad is currently on iOS 6.0. Can I just do the UPDATE now, and still be jailbroken, or will I need to use the evas1on to re-jailbreak on iOS 6.1.2 :)

You can't/shouldn't use OTA if your device is already jailbroken because it fails a lot of times and isn't guaranteed to work. Even if you wanted to try, evasion removes the ability to use OTA. You need to use iTunes to restore to 6.1.2. Back up your iPad before restoring just to be safe. Then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. Jailbreak with the latest version of evasion (currently that is 1.5) before restoring a backup (or syncing your content...not sure which method you use).

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
You can't/shouldn't use OTA if your device is already jailbroken because it fails a lot of times and isn't guaranteed to work. Even if you wanted to try, evasion removes the ability to use OTA. You need to use iTunes to restore to 6.1.2. Back up your iPad before restoring just to be safe. Then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. Jailbreak with the latest version of evasion (currently that is 1.5) before restoring a backup (or syncing your content...not sure which method you use).

Thank you so much! You are a gem! Thanks for the quality info! I'll do just that! :) Appreciate your help!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Thank you so much! You are a gem! Thanks for the quality info! I'll do just that! :) Appreciate your help!

You are very welcome! Let me know if you run into any problems or have questions. It's always better to be safe than sorry! Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.