Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karina007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
Hello!

I would be very grateful if you could answer me the the following question.

Due to a severe mobbing/stalking background I got used to use an iphone for room surveillance (new iphone 13 Mini) by activating the Iphone“s camera App, activating the video function.

It always worked perfectly fine and with my 128 GB storage the phone recorded about 1,5 days during my absence without a pause, being connected to the electricity.

A few days ago I left the house and when I came back, about six hours later, I realised that the Camera App has been closed and the Video stopped 22 minutes after I left the house instead of running at least 50 hours like before.

I tried to find out the reason and realised, when checking the analytic data, that exactly at the time the camera stopped running, took place a jetsam event including bug 298.

I have read that this means „low memory“ (RAM) but is it the proove that the App shut down due to a technically error?

And could somebody who entered my room who is very skilled technically even have stopped the record, cut it i order not to be seen entering the room and eventually having simulated a Jetsam Event somehow.

Thank you so much for your input.

Attachments

• 7CC51D8C-960B-4142-AB31-E045C5243072.png
    7CC51D8C-960B-4142-AB31-E045C5243072.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 486

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Get dedicated surveillance cameras instead of a smartphone that was never designed or intended to be use for the purpose you're using it for and you won't have problems. If you think someone entered your house illegally, call the police and file a report..

Karina007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
Get dedicated surveillance cameras instead of a smartphone that was never designed or intended to be use for the purpose you're using it for and you won't have problems. If you think someone entered your house illegally, call the police and file a report..

Thank“s for your hint. However I would like to know if Jetsam Event can indicate that the App was shot down.

Thank you.

3rdof33

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2024
Hello!

I would be very grateful if you could answer me the the following question.

Due to a severe mobbing/stalking background I got used to use an iphone for room surveillance (new iphone 13 Mini) by activating the Iphone“s camera App, activating the video function.

It always worked perfectly fine and with my 128 GB storage the phone recorded about 1,5 days during my absence without a pause, being connected to the electricity.

A few days ago I left the house and when I came back, about six hours later, I realised that the Camera App has been closed and the Video stopped 22 minutes after I left the house instead of running at least 50 hours like before.

I tried to find out the reason and realised, when checking the analytic data, that exactly at the time the camera stopped running, took place a jetsam event including bug 298.

I have read that this means „low memory“ (RAM) but is it the proove that the App shut down due to a technically error?

And could somebody who entered my room who is very skilled technically even have stopped the record, cut it i order not to be seen entering the room and eventually having simulated a Jetsam Event somehow.

Thank you so much for your input.
Karina Hello,
Do you have a privaterealy.appleid.com account? Check in settings icloud, look for hide my email. Things you wanna keep an eye sudden increase of heat and power drain, battery indicator glitch going UP withiout charging and if your phone exists airplane mode on its own you immediately wanna initiate lock down mode it would limit their access if someone accessing your device. Pay attention if you take a security measure like changing your icloud password and shortly receive a telemarketing call!

Good luck.
Remi

Last edited:

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Karina Hello,
Do you have a privaterealy.appleid.com account? Check in settings icloud, look for hide my email. Things you wanna keep an eye sudden increase of heat and power drain, battery indicator glitch going UP withiout charging and if your phone exists airplane mode on its own you immediately wanna initiate lock down mode it would limit their access if someone accessing your device. Pay attention if you take a security measure like changing your icloud password and shortly receive a telemarketing call!

Good luck.
Remi
The forum member you responded to hasn't been active on the forum since May 2023...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.