Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Forgive me in advance if this has been posted elsewhere, but a quick glance showed me it hadn't...

Have you noticed on Apple's web site (Tuesday the 15th) that they honored Jimmy Carter with a full picture of him in Think Different black and white style?

Not only that, they rotated the pictures...there's more than one shot.

Now, that, to me, is total class. :)

But it begs the question...has Apple really "dumped" the "Think Different" campaign altogether, or was it used just for this one time or other "special" events as they see fit? For me, it was a warm fuzzy to see that slogan used right up front again from Apple.:)

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Re: Jimmy Carter and Think Different

Originally posted by voicegy
Now, that, to me, is total class. :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm always impressed when Apple is willing to step back their grand marketing campaign on their home page to honor someone. I'll always remember their tribute to George Harrison, for instance. That is indeed class.

But it begs the question...has Apple really "dumped" the "Think Different" campaign altogether, or was it used just for this one time or other "special" events as they see fit? For me, it was a warm fuzzy to see that slogan used right up front again from Apple.:)

That, too, struck me. I was glad to see "Think Different" and my guess is they will still continue to honor people with that slogan because it is so well known.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Well, if you think that to " Think Different" is a north american supporting comunism... well I may have to be agree.

Jimmy Carter came to Venezuela 5 months ago and he didn't do any good, he said "This is a total democracy", 2 weeks later 18 people died in a march to the presidential palace asking for the president resignation, the TV took the video of some ministers shooting at the people and they still free today.

Jimmy Carter can kiss my a**, he just caem to receive 2 million dollars for his organization.

gelbin

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2002
Jimmy, I will get your back

After he is done kissing your ass, he can cuddle up with me.

Just because the man can't solve your countries problems does not mean that his heart is not in the right place. The guy just won the nobel peace prize. He has was crucial to avoiding massive conflicts in the past. Not to mention his organization has built homes for thousands if not millions of homeless and he has worked to get support for the AIDS crisis in Africa.

Get out of your tunnel view and judge him like you would any other person, he is not omniscient, he can not do more than within his bounds...but he can try to change things, and i applaud him for that.

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2002
Make sure you use protection when your "cudlin' up" I hear its a great way to prevent STD's. P.S. Jimmy isn't my favorite guy.

gelbin

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2002
Cuddling does not mean SEX damnit

i don't plan on having sex with him. come on man, cuddling is not about sex.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Re: Cuddling does not mean SEX damnit

Originally posted by gelbin
i don't plan on having sex with him. come on man, cuddling is not about sex.

Yeah, that's just what your dad told your mom right before you were conceived.

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Originally posted by mymemory
Well, if you think that to " Think Different" is a north american supporting comunism... well I may have to be agree.

Jimmy Carter came to Venezuela 5 months ago and he didn't do any good, he said "This is a total democracy", 2 weeks later 18 people died in a march to the presidential palace asking for the president resignation, the TV took the video of some ministers shooting at the people and they still free today.

Jimmy Carter can kiss my a**, he just caem to receive 2 million dollars for his organization.

I was never a big Carter supporter... but this kind of crap is getting really old. I don't hear any "Wow, it's great how this guy who has nothing personally to gain came to my war-torn dungpile of a country, at CONSIDERABLE personal risk, and tried to do something altruistic for a bunch of ingrates like me and mine..."

(Let the flames flow on in... )

gelbin

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2002
mcrain - the story of your life? - not mine

no, mcraine, i think i was a 'planned' pregnancy.......

but, please, rock on.

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
the "dungpile of a country" thing is, doubtless, some excellent prose. I'm wiping tears of laughter away as I write this. On the other hand, if you have any idea of the security detail these former leaders of the free world like Carter, Clinton, Bush 41 and others before them cart around the globe when they trot, you'd have to admit that the "at considerable risk" part of your comment was somewhat exaggerated. Spoken from one Carter non-fan to another. ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.