Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has stepped down from the board of retail clothing company Gap, a move that could help lessen criticism over the independence of both companies' boards.

Departing Gap CEO Millard Drexler serves on Apple's board, which had created what is known as interlocking board membership--a sticking point among corporate governance experts.

Gap and Apple were both on a recent BusinessWeek list of U.S. companies with the worst boards.

click me

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
houston
great, does this mean apple has to start paying him a salary again?:p
well seeing as GAP almost went under not to long ago and stuff...and i like the idea of Jobs spending more time only worrying about Apple. Maybe he can spend more time riding the back of chip companies!:D

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Great that's just more time he can devote to Apple, but what if GAP no longer rates as having one of the worst Boards but Apple still does.......heh

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
i have heard, the real reason was, GAP was just too fashionable for his steveness.

and we all know steve... he is the conservative guy, when it comes to clothes.

hmm... <baddream> while he was with GAP the Macs began becoming stylish... and now that he is "gone"...</baddream>

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Whoelse has noticed that Target makes clothes that are more interesting and fashionable (in a good way) compared to Gap. I used to purchase alot of clothes from "The Gap" but have been very disappointed with their selection lately.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Yeah the Gap...

The "wonderful" clothing store that manufacuters it's products in sweat-shop/slave labor conditions..

Makes me sick..

On an unrelated note..didn't Larry Ellison step down from the Apple board a while back?

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Steve Jobs is stepping down from the board of director guys at the Gap?! That is like, so weird, because I didn't know he even had anything to DO with them. I mean it's like he's a computer dork, right? This is like, totally like, weird! I told my sister about this and she was like "Whaaaat?" and I was like "sh-yeah!" and she was like "no way!" and I was like "WAY!" And then I told my friend Brian who's like, not my friend, but is my friend, anyway it's complicated, haha, ANYWAY, I told my friend Brian about this and he was like "Whaaat?" and I was like "totally!" and he was like "I don't believe THAT." and I was all, "what-everrr!" Totally.

Macette

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
Melbourne
Originally posted by hitman
Yeah the Gap...

The "wonderful" clothing store that manufacuters it's products in sweat-shop/slave labor conditions..

Makes me sick..

Me too. If I'd known that Steve-o was on Gap's board, I wouldn't have thought he was so cool. But now that he has stepped down, my conscience is totally clear :(

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Originally posted by alex_ant
Steve Jobs is stepping down from the board of director guys at the Gap?! That is like, so weird, because I didn't know he even had anything to DO with them. I mean it's like he's a computer dork, right? This is like, totally like, weird! I told my sister about this and she was like "Whaaaat?" and I was like "sh-yeah!" and she was like "no way!" and I was like "WAY!" And then I told my friend Brian who's like, not my friend, but is my friend, anyway it's complicated, haha, ANYWAY, I told my friend Brian about this and he was like "Whaaat?" and I was like "totally!" and he was like "I don't believe THAT." and I was all, "what-everrr!" Totally.

My friend I salute you...

You should write satire for a living. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.