Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gshocked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2019
Australia
Hi all,

has anyone heard to read any updates on the Journal App for the iPad?
It’s now almost March and it odd or lazy that the app isn’t on the iPad yet.

It seems like a common sense thing to do…

Reactions: boston04and07

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It’s not uncommon for apps to show up on iPad later as it only represents a fraction of the iPhone user base.

Reactions: jchap

RLRabb

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
Well, given that the Journal app was unveiled as a part of iOS 17, and was never included as part of any discussion of iPad OS 17, I’d say you will be waiting until iPad OS 18 at the earliest.

Reactions: Coolpher

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I hope they're just taking their sweet time to fully flesh out additional functionality, namely some nice Pencil support
Really hope that’s the case. Pencil support would be awesome. As it is now I barely use it since I’d rather write or type on my iPad, even though it‘s otherwise a nice app.

Last edited:
Reactions: alecgold and jchap

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
Yes I’d love this, the Journaling app and idea with reminders etc. is pretty cool, but it needs to be integrated between phone, ipad, macbook. Considering it only took how many years it took to get the weather app on ipad, calculator (Oops still no calculator huh…?) and other super basic stuff I will not hold my breath for the Journal app but I agree it would be wonderful !

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Tried using it on the phone. I mean really really tried. The regular notes app is just so much better with so much more features.

I wanted to write about something in the journal app and I was like…where’s my options? I can’t insert certain things unless Siri recommends them? Lame. Notes lets me do everything better and I can do it all on my Magic Keyboard

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
For those who like a good handwriting recognition experience, I use Nebo Notes for many long texts that I write with my pencil. When it comes to Journaling, I use Day One for about a dozen years and is it awesome. I can easily export my text from Nebo to Day One.

Reactions: alecgold

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
For those who like a good handwriting recognition experience, I use Nebo Notes for many long texts that I write with my pencil. When it comes to Journaling, I use Day One for about a dozen years and is it awesome. I can easily export my text from Nebo to Day One.
Absolutely +1 on Nebo.
its not perfect, they are still improving it and there are lots of features I would like to see implemented, but so far it is the best pencil app by far.
It has become my go to note-taking app.

Reactions: ericwn

juan_ozuna

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
I hope they're just taking their sweet time to fully flesh out additional functionality, namely some nice Pencil support
This is actually what I'm hoping for. I'd much rather write out my thoughts than type them out. For me, there's just something more reflective about that process.

Reactions: alecgold

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
You guys remember how long it took to get the Weather app on the iPad right that gives you some kind of an idea on a stock app. The journey app is brand new it could be a while, just saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.