Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Could this be the best case at the moment for the mini, mirroring most of what we want in a forthcoming OEM case. I know it's early but I have looked at a LOT of cases and this one seems to have it all.

I just thought I'd share some info on the Joy Factory Slimsuit for the iPad mini, it seems to have all the things I'm looking for in a case. Slim, sleek, wake/sleep feature, acts similar to a smart cover, all cutouts line up, adds some protection for the back.

(see below for MacMall link to get it for $36 shipped, thanks Jed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Rr6sNxv0I

I ordered a black one, will post my thoughts when I get it.

Last edited:

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
My daughter saw the video and loved the case. She wanted the white one because it matched her white iPad mini. I was able to find the 15% coupon to use for joyfactory.com. Didn't see about MacMall until it was to late. I paid $42 instead of $36, oh well. They already shipped it fedex. Once I get the case I will do a quick review of it and see if the other video review was correct. Thanks for posting this, or I would never had known about the case.

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
My daughter saw the video and loved the case. She wanted the white one because it matched her white iPad mini. I was able to find the 15% coupon to use for joyfactory.com. Didn't see about MacMall until it was to late. I paid $42 instead of $36, oh well. They already shipped it fedex. Once I get the case I will do a quick review of it and see if the other video review was correct. Thanks for posting this, or I would never had known about the case.

Sure, I'm hoping it holds up, it really is everything I'm looking for in a case right now, cross the fingers!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
haha, FAIL on my part trying to help & making people pay more, thanks sorry!

Its the thought that counts. ;)

I ordered the SmartSuit from MacMall this morning and since I have a ShopRunner trial account I got free 2-day shipping, so I should have it Thursday.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Finally, exactly what I have been looking for!

Just ordered in white from MacMall...

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I first ordered the SmartFit Mini to protect the rear of the iPad, but I then cancelled the order and went with the SmartSuit Mini. It won't be here until next week but I'm hoping it offers a good amount of protect without it being bulky

trp3383

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
I just received my mini suit in black. Very good case in my opinion. Perfect fit, solid build, and auto wake feature works great. Overall great case!

trp3383

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352426690855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352426690855.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 169
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352426701544.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352426701544.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352426708983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352426708983.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 179
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352426716102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352426716102.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 215

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Wow that case looks good. Does it have a back magnet? I don't like when the back of the case is hanging when you hold it with your left hand. If that case has a strap, it would have been perfect. That's why I always buy a back cover + a smart cover so I could remove the smart cover when I use my iPad.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Wow that case looks good. Does it have a back magnet? I don't like when the back of the case is hanging when you hold it with your left hand. If that case has a strap, it would have been perfect. That's why I always buy a back cover + a smart cover so I could remove the smart cover when I use my iPad.

No, they don't have magnet to lock cover. But I am very satisfy with product so far!!

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks. Is it thin and light? I'm looking for something that does not add a lot of bulk.

The back cover is around 2.5 mm thickness and it will add some weight on iPad mini. However it protect your iPad mini on both front and back along with edge of iPad Mini. It look like a white book to me!!

Also, I attach case from side view to show thickness of case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.3 KB · Views: 151

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
I have this case in White and love it. 1 minor complaint is that there are no magnets in the front flap to keep its triangle shape - I have not had issues where the stand falls apart but it would have been nice to have this feature built in ALA apple's smart cover.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I have this case in White and love it. 1 minor complaint is that there are no magnets in the front flap to keep its triangle shape - I have not had issues where the stand falls apart but it would have been nice to have this feature built in ALA apple's smart cover.

Good, it was not just me. The lack of the magnet to keep the triangle shape made the stand mode more work that it should be IMO.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Ordered mine from MacMall Monday night with standard free shipping. Arrived today, and looks great (white/gray on white mini). Very nice fit and finish. The cover sags a little in the middle section, but not as bad as the Smart Cover. And the sleep/wake works perfectly. Best case on the market at the moment, IMO.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Ordered mine from MacMall Monday night with standard free shipping. Arrived today, and looks great (white/gray on white mini). Very nice fit and finish. The cover sags a little in the middle section, but not as bad as the Smart Cover. And the sleep/wake works perfectly. Best case on the market at the moment, IMO.

I would agree that at the moment this is a top pick case. I am very pleased with mine.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Since I see that you have the poetic slimline too which one is slimmer?

Which one do you prefer?

Can't say just yet as the slimline I have is a pre production sample. Once I get my hands on the final version ill let you know.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
So when folded back in portrait mode, the cover will not magnetically stay put to the back of the case? That's a shame -- I have a Tumi case on my iPad 2 which also lacks that functionality and it drives me nuts.

Chris Morgan

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2010
No it doesn't stay attached to the back side when flipped open. However the fit and finish of this case is really nice. I have the white mini so I bought the white and silver case and am very happy with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.