Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knobtwiddler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2002
Carbondale, IL
I just bought an adapter for plugging my ps2 controller into the usb port so I could use it with my emulators. It worked fine the first time but after that, the controller is unresponsive. Even wen I try to configure the joystick controls in the emulator preferences, nothing works. I downloaded a driver from the manufacturer's site but when installing an error always occurred. Any suggestions?

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
I just bought an adapter for plugging my ps2 controller into the usb port so I could use it with my emulators. It worked fine the first time but after that, the controller is unresponsive. Even wen I try to configure the joystick controls in the emulator preferences, nothing works. I downloaded a driver from the manufacturer's site but when installing an error always occurred. Any suggestions?

Computer, OS, etc.? If these are Bannister-ported emus (Nestopia, etc.), do you have Emulator Enhancer downloaded & installed in the right place? (it's needed for joypad support).

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
i didn;t think you could get a ps2 emulation on osx

Nobody said anything about PS2 emulation.

Anyway, if it worked once then obviously it should continue to do so...kind of a lame suggestion, but maybe a restart would sort it out?

--Eric

knobtwiddler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2002
Carbondale, IL
naw, my emulator is for sea genesis. It's just a usb adapter so i can play all my games with a ps2 controller. Yes, I've tried restarting, unplugging the thing, etc, etc. And I do have the emulation enhancer thing in the correct folder in the library. I guess I could try throwing away all that stuff and reinstalling it. we'll see.

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
naw, my emulator is for sea genesis. It's just a usb adapter so i can play all my games with a ps2 controller. Yes, I've tried restarting, unplugging the thing, etc, etc. And I do have the emulation enhancer thing in the correct folder in the library. I guess I could try throwing away all that stuff and reinstalling it. we'll see.

Is the adaptor compatible with a PS2 controller? I have one that works with a PS1 controller but might not with a PS2 (don't they have some differences?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.