Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
I think I know the answer, but I often use Jump Desktop to remote into my home Mac and my work laptop. Could I remote into the iPad from either or both machines?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
I do not know about Jump Desktop (but I would guess starting by the name, that its purpose is different 😁), but iPadOS does not come with an integrated RDP or VNC server like all desktop OSes.

There are other solutions. On the same network: you can - depending the macOS and iPadOS version of your devices - use switch control.
Otherwise there are apps which allow for remote screen sharing like Teamviewer, Splashtop SOS or Zoho Assist which e.g. use web-based connections.

AFAIK remote "desktop" control using e.g. Jump Desktop is only doable on jailbreaked iDevices.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Just curious if there could be other solutions, what's the reason you are using a remote desktop solution? Is there unique software on the clients or information you need to reach?

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
Just curious if there could be other solutions, what's the reason you are using a remote desktop solution? Is there unique software on the clients or information you need to reach?
Sometimes I remote into my work laptop (windows) that’s in my home office in our basement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.