Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Ok, I'll bite, even if I just use the same as you:

juness1.jpg

Was really hard to get that screenshot, as that screen saver takes 12-15 seconds before it's up and running on my poor old iBook G4@800... :eek:

Found a solution over at maxosxhints: I use Terminal.app to take the screenshot, just type sleep 15 ; screencapture ~/Desktop/capture.png (use .pdf and not .png in Panther) and the screenshot will be taken 15 seconds later, more than enough time, even for my slow machine... ;)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I'll bite too.. didn't realize this was even a screensaver! Usually I'm running F@H here at H.

Attachments

• EclecticAlbums.jpg
    EclecticAlbums.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 159

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i just use flying toasters in after dark x. i tweaked the settings a bit but it looks pretty standard. was in my mom's classroom helping her move to one down the hall and was playing with a performa 575 they had there and it had after dark on it :D the old toasters looks so much better...dont know why...

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
My screensaver is "The 20th Century Voyage." I like it a lot. Simple, yet interesting and informative.

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 288
  • capture2.jpg
    capture2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 158

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
The only thing I found with fluid is that on some settings, it KILLS CPUs! Use with care, and don't use if you are doing a CPU-heavy task in the background when using your Mac.
I don't seem to have the iTunes artwork screensaver - does anyone know why this is? Is it because I have such an old Mac with 8MB VRAM?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I just let my monitor to shutdown, after no usage for five minutes. Prefer to have my folding running at 100%, when my Mac isn't being used.

evilernie

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
Fluid

I'll add another vote for fluid. Works great on my 733ghz G4 at work and even better on my PB at home.

And anytime people see it, (mac or pc) they just have to comment about how cool it looks.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Found a solution over at maxosxhints: I use Terminal.app to take the screenshot, just type sleep 15 ; screencapture ~/Desktop/capture.png (use .pdf and not .png in Panther) and the screenshot will be taken 15 seconds later.

Thanks. That's a cool hint and it worked perfectly.

DavidAQ

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2005
June Screensavers

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just installed Tiger on a slot-loading iMac and I cannot find the iTunes Artwork screensaver. According to MacAddict it's supposed to be in ScreenSaver preferences but I don't see it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
DavidAQ said:
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just installed Tiger on a slot-loading iMac and I cannot find the iTunes Artwork screensaver. According to MacAddict it's supposed to be in ScreenSaver preferences but I don't see it.
Welcome to the forums!

Your screen saver preferences (in System Preferences), should look like the attached screen shot. Doesn't it...?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 127

DavidAQ

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2005
June Screensavers

Thanks for the quick reply. No, my screensavers panel goes from Cosmos to Forest with no iTunes Album Artwork in between. I have a G3, could that be the problem?

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
I just have the moving Apple + Hostname screensaver. Don't remember what it was called. I should probably just turn it off, since I also have F@H running.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I use Liquid when the powerbook is plugged in; when it isn't (plugged in) I use something that is less of a resource hog. That is really a cool screensaver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.