Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Haha, uh oh, I may have to start my own thread since I just got my D50 today! Got a great deal and just went for it. :D Haven't played with it yet, but I'll wait for decent weather and use my kit lense just to see what I/it can do.

And I like your photos, but this is coming from an untrained eye. So all I can say is that they look "cool," especially the "Caution" sign photo. ;)

Dark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Wow, thanks alot! For the first few pictures I actually used the Adobe Lighroom Beta to tweak them. I always loved the world of photography, but just started getting into it, and im actually considering a career in photo journalism. Ill be sure to take some more pictures and update them as they come.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Dark said:
Wow, thanks alot! For the first few pictures I actually used the Adobe Lighroom Beta to tweak them. I always loved the world of photography, but just started getting into it, and im actually considering a career in photo journalism. Ill be sure to take some more pictures and update them as they come.

You're welcome; but it comes from many hours viewing royalty free disks, and some of your images would rank up there with the offerings there.

I did look at your first photo gallery, and at least for me - while they are good in some respects - they are wanting. I know in my own photography, the comments are that I have a great eye for non-people photographs. At least for something other than the grip and grin type shots. And it was in SF this past summer that I spent any real time trying my hand at "sports photography" - some street riders and boarders doing tricks down at the Ferry Building.

Maybe it is me, or my age (47 yo now), hard to connect to "street youth"; though some did try to show off for me. Others looked at me as a "threat" of some sort. I think that I would have had an easier time if I could shave 10 years off. :D

Dark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Thanks alot for the critique. Oh i definately know that I have a long way to go with photography. Im not fully acustomed to the camera yet so theres plenty of room to grow and improve. Hopefully through a lot of practice and advice from everyone here on the forum, I can become a great photographer.

Oh FYI. If anyone looked at the gallery called Photo's ..those arent pictures I took but pictures of me riding last year. Dont laugh they made me look slow haha.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Dark said:
Oh FYI. If anyone looked at the gallery called Photo's ..those arent pictures I took but pictures of me riding last year. Dont laugh they made me look slow haha.

Now I feel bad. I thought those were shots that you did of others....

Dark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Haha its okay i had a feeling thats what you ment. Naww those pictures are horrible I could have told you that. I race motocross, but like i said those were bad pictures from about a year ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.