Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
I have an iPad mini 4 wit the latest iOS.
and I will be letting kids use it for a car trip to play games and watch movies.

how can I remove all my photos and books from it, but not delete them from iCloud?

I basically want to remove the photos and books just for the trip and have them back afterwards.
do I just turn off iCloud photos? is it easier to delete the photos app? if it is possible? same with the books?

thanks ,

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I have an iPad mini 4 wit the latest iOS.
and I will be letting kids use it for a car trip to play games and watch movies.

how can I remove all my photos and books from it, but not delete them from iCloud?

I basically want to remove the photos and books just for the trip and have them back afterwards.
do I just turn off iCloud photos? is it easier to delete the photos app? if it is possible? same with the books?

thanks ,

If you go into Settings > [tap on your Apple ID at the top] > iCloud, you can turn off various iCloud categories, including Photos and Books. When you do, it will (as far as I know) warn you that all photos (or books) will be removed from the iPad. This will NOT delete those photos or books from the cloud.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
If you go into Settings > [tap on your Apple ID at the top] > iCloud, you can turn off various iCloud categories, including Photos and Books. When you do, it will (as far as I know) warn you that all photos (or books) will be removed from the iPad. This will NOT delete those photos or books from the cloud.
Awesome thanks for the quick reply

Reactions: usagora
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.