Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daitalianjob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
After a half-year stint with the BlackBerry Bold (just until a model of iPhone that I liked came out), I'm a new, or soon-to-be-new iPhone 3G S owner (preordered first day), and after many hours of searching the internet and watching countless reviews on cases, I decided to buy 3 different cases. I bought the White OtterBox Defender case, the Switcheasy Colors case in White, and a White Power Support silicone case. I tend to like the silicone cases for my phones because of how they protect from drops and I like their feel. Each case provides a different type of protection, from super protective with the OtterBox, to relaxed protection with the Power Support silicone cover. Which of the 3 do you prefer? Why? Let me know so I can choose which to use most often! :)

tyranical

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
After a half-year stint with the BlackBerry Bold (just until a model of iPhone that I liked came out), I'm a new, or soon-to-be-new iPhone 3G S owner (preordered first day), and after many hours of searching the internet and watching countless reviews on cases, I decided to buy 3 different cases. I bought the White OtterBox Defender case, the Switcheasy Colors case in White, and a White Power Support silicone case. I tend to like the silicone cases for my phones because of how they protect from drops and I like their feel. Each case provides a different type of protection, from super protective with the OtterBox, to relaxed protection with the Power Support silicone cover. Which of the 3 do you prefer? Why? Let me know so I can choose which to use most often! :)

Should of bought the Speck candy shell imo, its silicone inside to protect your phone from shocks etc and hard on the outside to protect it from scratches, its a pain to take off though.

Ironworker808

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Otterbox.

Why? It's what I use!

Seriously though, I love having a holster. For the other reasons, read my post in the 'what is the purpose of a case' thread.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
I really didn't care for the Switch Easy Colors case :( I hate it, because they seem like a great company and they were good to deal with. And the case isn't AWFUL....there's just way better ones out there. For one thing, it's way too loose, compared to the case on my touch. And it gathers a ton of dust. Way more than the case on my touch. I gave it a few months, and gave up and ordered a Speck Candy Shell. It should be here tomorrow :D

daitalianjob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Shouldn't you have asked this before you purchased them?

well i knew i already wanted these cases. i'm just asking you guys what you think is the best one. I bought 3 because they are all different. The power support silicone case is like a relaxed case that is nice and small, the switcheasy colors is thicker and more for being out and about, and the otterbox is for when i think i'll need protection all-around. i like all three i was just curious of your opinions :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.