Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Texasranger972

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2022
Last night I was feeling some kind of nostalgic about my first iPhone . iPhone 2g .

Anyway I did a search on Facebook market place and saw a iPhone 2g 16gb list for $150 . Very good condition , everything work . So I give the seller an offer . Today he contact me and I bought it

It’s was really good condition . Come with charger and dock . I clean it with Lysol disinfectant wipe and careful not to wipe so close to the port . I dint even touch the charging cable . It’s kinda dirty . I order a new charging cable off eBay .

I turn it on and went to ring sound and able to heard that classic ring tone bring me back in 2007-2008 . Everything work perfect . Accept battery is at 20% . I dint use the old cable to charge because it was dirty . Went to setting and it’s was 3.1.3 version .

I saw old phone message and all contact but I dint read any message. I want do a factory reset . Like a clean wipe
My question is . If I do factory reset under setting . Do I need SIM card to be able to get on Home Screen ? Or need connect to iTunes .

Is this still work on iTunes in 2022 ?

I just want it for display purpose and collection .
FECAC4F5-0D0D-43B9-959D-BE6613DB3771.jpeg

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
To be honest, you can jailbreak to bypass activation. The original iPhone was too easy to jailbreak.

Also, I'm intrigued if YouTube still works. I have mine, but I can no longer use it as I don't have a 30-pin iPod connector to charge it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.