Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I just bought an original Apple Lisa computer off my Dad's old employer, a landsacpe architecture firm. They haven't used it for a long time, but the owner didn't want to trash it since it seill worked, so he boxed it up and put it in his basement. As a testament to the quality of Apple's products, the sucker is nearly 20 years old and works perfectly. He should be shipping it tomorrow, so I'll take pics as soon as I get it.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
wow, that will be a great collectors piece. how much did you pay him for it.

iJon

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
yeah you may have just made a killing, Lisas can be worth a good deal if i remember correctly...

congrats :)
pnw

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I made a killing. $200. I told him I thought they were worth considerably more, but he said he didn't care, he didn't need the money. He isn't even charging me for shipping.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
does it have a 3.5" floppy drive or 2 5.25" floppy drives?

the latter is worth many times more, since many were destroyed and/or replaced

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Huge congrats on a hell of a find. If he comes across any more priceless gems and wants to give them away for a fraction of their value please let me know! :D

Dan

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
That's so cool! The oldest I have is an SE30. I've been trying to get my mom to get me an old Apple ][e from my old elementary school since she works there, but she's not sure if they still have any. :(

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Sweet- I've been looking for a Lisa for my collection too, but in Japan they're really hard to find.

Zero21xx

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2003
Memphis, TN, USA
I am jealous. Congratulations on your purchase.

I have been looking for a working Lisa for nearly 6 years now. In my search I have acquired a working Mac 128k and an Apple ///, but I need the final piece for my collection. All I want is a working Lisa 2, preferably with a hard drive of some sort and the Office System. I do not want one that's been turned into a Mac. And I don't want a Lisa 1 because I'd probably go nuts looking for one.

And what really bothers me is that I know a guy here in Memphis that has 6 or 7 of them, one of each possible configuration, and he refuses to part with even one of them. I offered him mega bucks for one and no dice. I think it's because I'm only 23 and he didn't think I could take good care of such a thing.

Anyways, I am desperately searching for one. I have a pretty big collection of Macs as it is, but I have vowed to stop collecting once I get all three of my critical items, the 128k, the Apple ///, and a Lisa.
As I said before, I have the former 2. But the latter is driving me insane. Is there anyone out there that might be willing to sell me a Lisa 2 for $500 or less? I'd be grateful if there is.

Oh, and if you are interested, I have an online gallery of my computers at http://www.cbu.edu/~cyelving/museum.html.

-Z

Zero21xx

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2003
Memphis, TN, USA
Disregard my last post. A guy I know here is setting me up a Lisa 2 for $600.

I get the following:

Lisa 2 w/ original Keyboard and Mouse
5MB ProFile Hard Disk
Lisa 7/7 Office System
Parallel to Serial Cable (to interface with my ImageWriter II)

Needless to say, I think I got the works. I'm not going to go insane looking for a Lisa 1. Plus, I don't want to deal with the Twiggy Drives.

-Z

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.