Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So was walking past gamestop yesterday and saw the 'Elite' advertised for €199 if you traded in your old premium 360. (normal price here €510)

So what the hell. I packaged it up, went off and traded up. Plugged everything in, recovered my gamertag, sorted.

Then it occured to me. I forgot my game saves... bugger :(

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Give them a call as soon as you can. If you are lucky they haven't touched your XBOX yet. There is a cable to do the transfer from the old hard drive to the new one. You could bring the Elite into the store if yours is still there and do the save game copy.

BTW: I up the stakes with... you're a plank :D

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm so sorry.

My iPod broke, I figured the new ones were a few months off, and Woot.com had Zunes for $150. As much as I like iPods, $150 for a brand-new 30GB player is hard to beat.

It took me all freaking day to shift my library over to the (horrible) Zune software, but past that the experience hasn't been bad. The device has very nice hand-feel and the interface is fine, albeit not quite as slick as an iPod.

So, yeah, the software is ruddy awful, but the player itself is really rather decent.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
My iPod broke, I figured the new ones were a few months off, and Woot.com had Zunes for $150. As much as I like iPods, $150 for a brand-new 30GB player is hard to beat.

It took me all freaking day to shift my library over to the (horrible) Zune software, but past that the experience hasn't been bad. The device has very nice hand-feel and the interface is fine, albeit not quite as slick as an iPod.

So, yeah, the software is ruddy awful, but the player itself is really rather decent.

Woot offered more of those Zunes today at the woot-off!

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
If you've got a Windows machine and are tight on cash, it's not bad. I'm probably going to pass it on to my brother if there's a new touch-screen iPod on the 5th.

Burn him at the stake!!! He has a Zune!!! :p :eek:

MS like Sony doesn't know jack about software. Speaking of which, I accidently installed IE7 on my PC when doing a system update. Now I have to reinstall windows to get it off, since IE6, (the abomination that it is), still has a larger user base I need to test for. :(

<]=)

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Burn him at the stake!!! He has a Zune!!! :p :eek:

MS like Sony doesn't know jack about software. Speaking of which, I accidently installed IE7 on my PC when doing a system update. Now I have to reinstall windows to get it off, since IE6, (the abomination that it is), still has a larger user base I need to test for. :(

<]=)

That's why the device itself is good - 90% of it is stolen from Toshiba's Gigabeat S.

I preferred IE7 to 6, but I generally use Firefox on my PC and Camino on my Mac.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
IE 7 IS EVIL!!! :p Well, all versions of IE are evil. :) I use all browsers, because I test for compatibility.

And as we all know it's the hardware and software integration that makes the player. Tis why I dumped Sony like a rock back in 2002. Their atrocious cancer causing software Sonic Stage was an abomination, possibly worse than anything out of Redmond.

<]=)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
LOL! Well at least I'm comforted in the knowledge that my descion to get the elite on offer - leaving me saveless, was at least on 'IMPULSE' and not a 'CONSIDERED' purchase like someones Zune! :p

TBi.... they don't have the cables in the shop. Rang them asking already.
Nevermind, gives me a bit of incentive to actually play some of my games again.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
so now an elite to add to your other 360?! :eek:

richpeoplecharcoal1dl.jpg

^ MRU sez

"I'm balla bitches! money ta burn!!"

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
so now an elite to add to your other 360?! :eek:

richpeoplecharcoal1dl.jpg

^ MRU sez

"I'm balla bitches! money ta burn!!"

LOL!!! That's so true.... :D

What's worse is I've just bought a new Nokia E61 phone to tide me over for the next few months (err maybe 3 at the most) until iPhone is released here, and I'm sure new ipod's will be out next month... more kerching...

Oh well gadgets are my 'thing' (vice) so hey ho. Better than smoking or drinking or gambling I guess. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
And you call yourself Irish :eek:

Still... I can't stand Yorkshire Puddings :eek:

LOL!!! I don't dress in green and jump up and down ceilí style to river dance either :D

Call yourself a lancaster lad, and no yorkshire pudding :eek: Are you sure your not a southerner in disguise ? ;)

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
I thought the Elite was €460 here, not €510.

I'm still considering buying one because you can get it with Bioshock included for 460 at game!

I don't game though...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I thought the Elite was €460 here, not €510.

I'm still considering buying one because you can get it with Bioshock included for 460 at game!

I don't game though...

Is it €460? I just looked at the new argos catalogue and went on the price in that. Oh well, €260 for my old 360 isn't too bad a trade in value I guess.

BioShock is an absolutely amazing game. Basically that, and BlueDragon are the only games I'm currently playing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.