Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Did think about the 2017 model but for £960 I don’t think it’s a bad deal. Wanted a real laptop for some project work I plan on doing so thought the 2019 model will last me a long time.

morganBH

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2017
Seattle Washington
How do you like it? I am having a hard time deciding between that and the baseline pro. On one hand I’d like to keep my cost down, but on the other hand, the pro seems like a good value and will maybe last longer? I am not a power user. I am a real estate broker, and usually just do pretty basic office tasks. Maybe edit a couple photos per month MAX.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
How do you like it? I am having a hard time deciding between that and the baseline pro. On one hand I’d like to keep my cost down, but on the other hand, the pro seems like a good value and will maybe last longer? I am not a power user. I am a real estate broker, and usually just do pretty basic office tasks. Maybe edit a couple photos per month MAX.
Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. granted the keyboard isn't as good as the new pros but it does a decent job for what I use it for.

obviously the pros will be quicker but I think the speed for what I need it for will be fine going forward. I plan to keep this for quite a long time If I can. I use it at home for basic web browsing and 5 days a week for at work so it's value for money is there.

Tovenaar

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
I just bought the Air as well (256GB). Was very pleasantly surprised. I'm usually quite finicky about computer responsiveness so was a bit concerned but the Air performs very well even for some light photo editing work.

I tried a couple of relatively simple computer games and it struggled. But for office work I think it's fantastic.

I also actually liked the keyboard a lot. My wife has a 2017 Macbook Pro 13" which I've used a lot and I prefer the 2019 MBA's keyboard. Softer with what feels like more key travel.

I found it to be a package that is surprisingly greater than the sum of its spec sheet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.