Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snfrd84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2021
Black or White MKB?

I've read a lot about the backlight problems on the white models.

That still hold true?

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Dec 6, 2009
I have the white and it’s not perfectly even (it’s close enough) but I wouldn’t trade it for the black

Livvie

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
faccbdd47988e974f313679e2ece3a66.jpg

I love my white one. Only issue I noticed once the room was dark enough to activate backlight but light enough that the white keys blended in with the white backlit characters. Had it 10 days and that’s only happened once, plus you can turn the brightness down in settings (although like the screen there is no ‘off’ for the auto brightness).

Reactions: snfrd84

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
faccbdd47988e974f313679e2ece3a66.jpg

I love my white one. Only issue I noticed once the room was dark enough to activate backlight but light enough that the white keys blended in with the white backlit characters. Had it 10 days and that’s only happened once, plus you can turn the brightness down in settings (although like the screen there is no ‘off’ for the auto brightness).
That shot is worthless without your bunny next to the iPad.

snfrd84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2021
I’ve been using the white keyboard daily since the iPad launch day. It still looks like new and I haven’t felt the need to even wipe it down.
Nice. I do see Best Buy had some open boxes I might scoop up.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
The white is cool. Get dirty at all?

Mines good so far… and that’s in a house with a looooot of animals so lots of potential dirty marks.

This morning i spilt some coffee on mine and it wiped off so easily just with a tissue - no residue or mark left after.

I actually think the black one shows up dirt more, i have read some people complaining about that.

Honestly I love the white one and am so glad i chose it.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I struggled mightily with this decision too. Stared at both at the Apple store for a long time -- then bought a white one for someone else and the black for me. Her white one is pristine and gorgeous. My black one is a greasy mess from fingerprints. I thought the white was gorgeous but perhaps distracting from the screen -- hence my choice of the black one. But I kind of regret the decision as the white one is just fabulous looking and indeed seems to hold up better to fingerprints and such. Pick the one that speaks to you!

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Black looks scruffed up quicker but is easy to wipe down and will hide long term stains, white will stay looking clean although when it does start getting marks they will show bad and it’ll be harder to get rid of them!

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

PrettyWings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2016
Something I’m figuring out now. Have the black one currently but it shows prints too easy. Was gonna get a skin to help out with that but it does look to me like the skins I like would look better with a white keyboard.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Sat here in the dark with my white one all illuminated i must say its great

fa9771320161648d1ab58528f2a5e7af.jpg

Tried to get a picture of itself using it lolol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.