Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That’s a decent price, and it’s the black stainless, which has the diamond like carbon coating, which is fairly durable. The fact that it didn’t include the band or charger, that’s not a big deal, as bands can be found anywhere, and Amazon has a plethora of chargers for the Apple Watch.

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
I got it today and has apple care plus untill dec 2019!

Can the original owner take that off?

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
The screen has a small scratch so not so good of a deal.
If i use apple care + to fix the screen will they give me a whole new watch?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The screen has a small scratch so not so good of a deal.

No Snark, but does this come as a shock to you? The listing clearly states from the seller the watch ‘Shows signs of use.’

Original eBay listing:

Perfect working order. Recently bought the new version. For sale, shows signs of use, selling watch only, does not include watch band shown in picture, does not include charger. Shipping to Continental US only. thanks for looking, NO RESERVE.”
roversync

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So now it resorts to somebody intentionally damaging their own property to take advantage of AppleCare. Unfortunate, but that’s not the most appropriate logic.

And no, Apple won’t replace the display if it is shattered, they don’t even replace displays in store, they will send you a refurbished unit from a repair depot.

Or, you could take the more logical route, and use a screen protector to hide the scratch, you won’t even see it after that point.

Last edited:

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
So now it resorts to somebody intentionally damaging their own property to take advantage of AppleCare. Unfortunate, but that’s not the most appropriate logic.

And no, Apple won’t replace the display if it is shattered, they don’t even replace displays in store, they will send you a refurbished unit from a repair depot.

Or, you could take the more logical route, and use a screen protector to hide the scratch, you won’t even see it after that point.

Not saying i would do that scratch is not that bad but good to know the rules of apple care,makes no sense

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.