Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Just returned from Apple and after waiting 4 hours for an appointment opening (San Francisco's Apple Store is a lot busier than Las Vegas') the guy at the genius bar (reluctantly) gave me a brand new iPhone. Also, he asked me if i had any other problems with it so i mentioned the battery draining faster after 1.02 update, he said they had been hearing alot about that and it was going to be fixed with the next update. Also, anyone who has stuck or dead pixels i suggest you go to Apple soon because the guy said that while there is no policy now (allowing you to just get it swapped easily), due to an increase in people coming in with the problem they will soon have a policy, i dont know what it will be but if you want a new iphone without jumping through hoops...go soon. Also, idk i guess getting a new iPhone has kind of changed my views of hacking...i think ill buy that iToner software lol

*edit* sorry, supposed to post this in tips, help, troubleshooting but i dont know how to move it....

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Just returned from Apple and after waiting 4 hours for an appointment opening (San Francisco's Apple Store is a lot busier than Las Vegas') the guy at the genius bar (reluctantly) gave me a brand new iPhone. Also, he asked me if i had any other problems with it so i mentioned the battery draining faster after 1.02 update, he said they had been hearing alot about that and it was going to be fixed with the next update. Also, anyone who has stuck or dead pixels i suggest you go to Apple soon because the guy said that while there is no policy now (allowing you to just get it swapped easily), due to an increase in people coming in with the problem they will soon have a policy, i dont know what it will be but if you want a new iphone without jumping through hoops...go soon. Also, idk i guess getting a new iPhone has kind of changed my views of hacking...i think ill buy that iToner software lol

*edit* sorry, supposed to post this in tips, help, troubleshooting but i dont know how to move it....
What is the original problem that you got a brand new iPhone?

Thanks,
Robert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.