Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cookiemonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
in the desert somewhere
Hello all,
I just got my macbook pro, Im seeing the yellowing at the bottom! Joy, I've tried to find the manufacturer of the machine but there is nothing there--- no number nothing.... any ideas, help?
Im beginning to think this was someones old screen tossed onto my machine, can anyone please help me out?..... thanks

Cookiemonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
in the desert somewhere
I cant take it to the apple store its custom config.... I will be calling apple though in a bit, Im very VERY disappointed, now I know what everyone has been going through, I hope things resolve for the best....
I found the manufacturer- its samsung, my luck.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Of course you can take it to the Apple store if it's a custom config. You just won't be able to walk out with a replacement.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
dont get your hopes up dude. I just got my replacement for my yellow mbp yesterday. exactly a month after i ordered it originally. this screen is exactly the same. i'm on the phone with applecare right now. I really have no idea what to do.

if you mean you want to find the manufacturer of the screen, go to:

System config>displays>color>(make sure "color LCD" is selected)>open profile>scroll down to #13.

If you see 9C68 it is Samsung, if you see 9C67 it is LG. (I really don't know who figured that out or if it is true at all, but that's what people here say. It could just be totally wrong and we are all bashing Samsung for nothing.) Either way, most of the ones these days that are 9C68 are yellowed.

Edit: Hehehe, they're transferring me to a "product speciallist" what does that mean?

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
its a week 38 SAMSUNG! I HATE SAMSUNG, im on the phone with them now, I want a damn replacement, and ONE WITHOUT yellowing, this is @#$%ing b.s. :mad::mad::mad:

Hopefully you were slightly more calm on the phone. For the most part, Apple's customer care reps are very reasonable and easy to deal with, but if you're a righteous bastard to them they'll just say "good bye".

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
well, the guy told me I should take it to an apple store and compare it. i know its bad anyway so I am just going to ask for another replacement. he said, "well, we do have SOME sort of quality assurance process, but it doesn't involve looking at the screen." he also said he had seen "a couple of cases of this before". but i know they have seen it lots of times because they all ask me "is it only on the bottom of the screen, only straight on, etc. "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.