Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skitch

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2003
Madison, WI
How long did panther take for you to install? 7b85 took me about 20 minutes on my dual 867MHz MDD with a gig of ram

also, what revision is the retail version?

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
on my 1Ghz TiBook, 512MB RAM doing an archive and install, no additional language packs, it took less than 45 minutes.

the only 2 little tiny glitches was i needed to upgrade Toast to 5.2 (i had 5.1) and i needed to specifiy which version of Stuffit to unstuff files (for whatever reason i had 2 versions on the machine)

so far its just freakin great. fontbook rocks. expose is SO fast and beautiful its just a marvel to see it happen. i really like teh slightly subdued look + feel. so far it defintely feels much snappyer, i am hesitant to say its "faster" yet - lemme use it for a week.

negrito

macrumors member
May 5, 2003
Switzerland
congratulation! could i ask you to make me a favour?

could you pleas put in your panther installation cd 1 an select 'Install Mac OS X'. then go to the menu 'File' and then 'Information'. could you then tell me the exact date that stands in the section 'Last modified:' of the window that just opened?
thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.