Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
This is my first Mac so I'm still really excited about this. :D My Macbook is awesome and it has no problems (no whine, no dead pixels, no melted Magsafe, temps are normal) :)

I just have two questions:

1. I'm trying to copy music off of my iPod video to put on my Macbook. I tried with Senuti but it didn't bring over my play counts/ratings. How can I transfer my music with the plays intact?

2. I have a bunch of files on my Windows machine I want to transfer over to my Mac. They're on a shared drive, how can I get to them?

Thanks guys, I'm loving my Mac and I'm glad I switched :cool:

Clydefrog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2006
Pittsburgh,PA
if you have a wireless network you can enable file sharing and under finder on the left side you will see network and just navigate the right paths you can connect to you windows mechine and pull the files right off it.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Clydefrog said:
if you have a wireless network you can enable file sharing and under finder on the left side you will see network and just navigate the right paths you can connect to you windows mechine and pull the files right off it.
Follow the guide here: http://guides.macrumors.com/Networking_Windows_with_Mac_OS_X to help you set up your network.

Then copy over your whole iTunes library with all the playcounts and ratings direct from the PC.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.