Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
So I bought my ibook under the edu special deal on the last day the 24th how do I get the refund for the ipod mini when it gets here?

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
AP_piano295 said:
So I bought my ibook under the edu special deal on the last day the 24th how do I get the refund for the ipod mini when it gets here?

Just to makes sure, both the iBook and the iPod were bought at the same time, right? The deal's only valid if they're both on the same receipt.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
AP, congratulations!

You definitely took your time researching your purchase over the last several
months.

You made a smart and reasonable decision and should be very happy
with your new iBook.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Did you order it online? In that case you have to download the PDF rebate coupon, then fill it out, cut out the proof of purchase on the boxes and then send everything in. Congrats on your new iBook, I'm sure you'll love it!

Lucky8

macrumors regular
May 18, 2005
AP_piano295 said:
Cut out both iBook and iPod mini UPC codes from the boxes and send them out along with the receipt and completed rebate form.
Wait like 2 months for the check to show up in your mailbox. ;)

icarusflies

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
You need to cut out the barcodes from both boxes (copies won't do).
You also need to send a copy of your student card and a copy of your invoice
- this bit is in REALLY small print on the rebate form (which you'll find as a pdf on the apple site).
Thats the way the UK rebate works anyway.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
AP_piano295 said:
Time out. If you ordered it online, you may well be screwed. I had been contemplating waiting for PB updates til the 23rd, then ordering so that I could get the Cram et Jam. I gave it up. Reason being, the fine print says you actually have to have possession of your PB, iPod, Printer, etc BEFORE 9/24...

I'm not too sure though, just read the fine print.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
brepublican said:
Time out. If you ordered it online, you may well be screwed. I had been contemplating waiting for PB updates til the 23rd, then ordering so that I could get the Cram et Jam. I gave it up. Reason being, the fine print says you actually have to have possession of your PB, iPod, Printer, etc BEFORE 9/24...

I'm not too sure though, just read the fine print.

Now you have me freaked out I think theyll probly accept it anyway after all they were selling the deal up to the 24th If they dont take it a bitch at them untill they do :D

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
Apple will look at the order date on your reciept, that is what they told me when
I asked them. So if your order is prior to the 24th, your good, just make sure to send everything in within 45 days of the 24th. (this reminds me I need to fill out that papaerwork myself :eek: )
Good luck, you'll enjoy the mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.