Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
I just called and after a bit of grief from the Target people, they called about it and then it was good for sale. I can confirm this is selling for $1. Call first though and get to electronics to check for stock.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I'm glad i was able to help you guys get a great deal on this case :)

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
Thanks, OP!

I successfully bought two after having the electronics sales representative stock check and bring them from the electronics department to guest services. I told him I had to buy other items.

Oakland/Emeryville, CA and Albany, CA stores would not sell them to me.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I'm glad i was able to help you guys get a great deal on this case :)

Yes, definitely a great find, thanks. I actually already bought the case from Amazon for $35 with the intentions of returning it. I'm still returning the one to Amazon, but definitely keeping the one from Target. Also got my sister-in-law one so she has something when she gets her mini.

pantherus05

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
Hey props for the post but can anyone detail the process to check if the item is available at your local Target?

Just mention 057000893 as the item number and they will be able to check their stock?

Thanks!!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Hey props for the post but can anyone detail the process to check if the item is available at your local Target?

Just mention 057000893 as the item number and they will be able to check their stock?

Thanks!!

What I did was go into Target and look for the little red price check machines they have on the end of certain aisles. Instead of scanning, just type the number in and hit enter. You will get the name of the product, the price, location aisle/row if on the floor, and whether or not it's in the stock room. When the machine told me it was in the stock room, I went to the person working electronics and asked them to get it for me and then provided them with the same number.

pantherus05

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
What I did was go into Target and look for the little red price check machines they have on the end of certain aisles. Instead of scanning, just type the number in and hit enter. You will get the name of the product, the price, location aisle/row if on the floor, and whether or not it's in the stock room. When the machine told me it was in the stock room, I went to the person working electronics and asked them to get it for me and then provided them with the same number.

Perfect. Will let you know how it goes! :) Thanks!

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009

I just called and asked for electronics and checked that number with them. It was easier than going to the store.

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Went to Target today and gave the item number and they had two of the Fitfolio in the back. The only problem is the price is now 34.99, not 1.00. I don't know if every Target has changed it to the right price, but I went to 2 Targets and both had them at 34.99. All you guys and gals might be too late for that great deal.

By the way, I am in Connecticut.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Went to Target today and gave the item number and they had two of the Fitfolio in the back. The only problem is the price is now 34.99, not 1.00. I don't know if every Target has changed it to the right price, but I went to 2 Targets and both had them at 34.99. All you guys and gals might be too late for that great deal.

They probably caught on but one can hope it's just site specific.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I had no idea this case did not have wake/sleep. Will process an Amazon return and send back as defective (at their shipping cost).

Damn this is a nice case...but I'm not paying full price without wake/sleep.

laz305

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Miami

Same here in Miami but I asked him to scan it as a return and it shows as $1. So he gave it to me for $1

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I had no idea this case did not have wake/sleep. Will process an Amazon return and send back as defective (at their shipping cost).

Damn this is a nice case...but I'm not paying full price without wake/sleep.

It is not defective. The description on amazon makes no mention of wake/sleep functionality.

Macmar88

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
I always miss out on these great deals I really need to check these forums more often!! Great find thought Thumbs up to the OP

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I can confirm this as well that they fixed the price. While at the same target I checked the number and it showed the correct price. It was good while it lasted.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Called local Target today and they have them instock but for $34.99. I'm still making a trip there and scanning it myself haaa

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Called local Target today and they have them instock but for $34.99. I'm still making a trip there and scanning it myself haaa

Don't bother. It scans as $35 too. I checked a few days ago and ended up getting horrific customer service from 5 employees (they just kept calling each other over. It's like no single one of them could actually make a decision.) Target really doesn't budge on stuff. If its ringing up as $35 that's all they care about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.