Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Hi guys n girls,

Like the title suggests, I've just been to the Regent's St. Apple store because my friend's iPod broke. It was asking for it to be restrored, however, once it was connected to iTunes it would restore, restart and do the same thing... I searched for answers everywhere, from changing the drive name to restarting the computer with it still connected; nothing worked! So I gave up, and told my friend to brace herself for a possible repair fee.. Plus to add insult to injury, she told me just before we got to teh store, that it was apresent from hre mum from Singapore and she's never registered it, so it might not have had a warranty...We got to the store, explained to the guy what was wrong, and just as I was waiting for him to turn round and say that nothing could be done by Apple, he just said, we'll replace it right now!!! So now my friend has got a brand new 30Gb iPod!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know, cause you never seem to hear anything but complaints these days!

Cheers people!
:apple:

Cognomen

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2007
UK
That's good to hear!

As you say, makes a change to have a positive comment on something rather than all the moaning going on in these forums (or should I say fora .....?).

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, apple did a similar thing for me when my HD died on my iPod. They didn't even check warranty info. Methinks they want to keep any problems hush hush.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
niiiice. I love hearing things like this about Apple. It seems I've heard nothing but complaints and horror stories lately!

I bet your friend was thrilled!

jonharris200

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
London, UK
Pretty cool. I had a good experience at Regent Street too last weekend.

I took my Mighty Mouse in as the scroll button wasn't tracking in one direction. After just a few months' use, I could scroll up a page but not down - like others on these forums.

The Regent Street staff had some discussion because the mouse came with my iMac, it wasn't a separate boxed product. However, they kindly gave me a free new Mighty Mouse (without box).

Yes, it's a design flaw on Mighty Mouse, but the customer service more than made up for it. Thanks :apple: !

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
niiiice. I love hearing things like this about Apple. It seems I've heard nothing but complaints and horror stories lately!

I bet your friend was thrilled!

Yeah that is really cool ,and i agree really nice to gere some good things.

:)

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
I've found the apple retail stores I've visited recently to have improved (and become more homogenous in their "improved-ness") vastly. Beforfe being sent overseas, I was regularly between Boston, Chicago and Reykjavik and had the opportunity to visit a few others. At first, Boston and Reykjavik were outstaanding and Chicago a lot less so. The others (Minneapolis and NYC most pointedll) let me down and/or failed to impress more than once.

My latest visits (granted it's been almost a year now since I've been in the civilized world) saw marked improvements as noted above.

Anyway, glad to hear you British pansies have a decent store too...:D

Come on now, it's just a joke. Don't send Harry up from Basra to frag me.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.