Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I’m from throttled SE on 11.2.6
Then I installed 11.3 beta 6 and wow.
I never recall that my phone is this fast before.

Is there anyone who feels the same when first installed it ?

Reactions: Yun0

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I'm waiting for the public release but cool to hear. I just bought my SE so I'm guessing there's no throttling going on with mine but I'll take a performance boost. Lol

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I'm waiting for the public release but cool to hear. I just bought my SE so I'm guessing there's no throttling going on with mine but I'll take a performance boost. Lol
It’s not kinda like performance boost just my phone not slow down anymore.

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
It’s not kinda like performance boost just my phone not slow down anymore.
That's exactly what not throttling means. Until it crashes unexpectedly because your battery couldn't deliver the power needed - then you should be at the performance level you're used to :)

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
That's exactly what not throttling means. Until it crashes unexpectedly because your battery couldn't deliver the power needed - then you should be at the performance level you're used to :)
My phone battery isn’t that degraded so I ahould be fine.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I’m from throttled SE on 11.2.6
Then I installed 11.3 beta 6 and wow.
I never recall that my phone is this fast before.

Is there anyone who feels the same when first installed it ?

Many people.
There is a thread stickied at the top of the page.........start there maybe??

Reactions: Yun0

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Don't understand what people mean by "blazing fast". Do you mean slightly smoother/snappier? Because it still feels basically the same as iOS 11.0, and iOS 10, and iOS 9 etc. I think the standards are so low these days that any slight increase in smoothness is deemed impressive. I do notice that it feels quite a bit better than previous iOS 11 versions though. Although it only seems to degrade every year where it takes up until the third point update to run like it should've from day one.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
More optimizations in the code. You can get 20-35% boost from experienced use of a suitable compiler.

With an SE it shows. An 8+ should plow through bad patches easily.

Launching and switching apps, editing, playing or streaming content, having YT in the background stressing memory management and I/O. More RAM for apps, faster memory and storage helps of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.