Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
You can get it now. Tried signing up, and it went through up to the credit check page (which I didn't finish).

Some clarification now that T-Mobile's site has been updated.

$0-down, 0% APR is only valid if you have monthly On-Demand Data on the Simple Choice Plan. If you're already a current voice customer, you can get On-Demand Data for free. Non-voice customers will have to pay at least $10/mo if they want to take advantage of the Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). If you're already on AT&T Mobile Share and just wanted to go T-Mobile for the EIP, I suggest you just stick with AT&T Next. If you're not a T-Mobile postpaid customer, there's effectively no difference between T-Mobile's EIP and the AT&T Next Program aside from the installment length and monthly payments. Non-postpaid customers will effectively be paying T-Mobile $240 over the course of 24 months for the $0-down, 0% APR EIP. Totally not worth it in my book.

It seems like the EIP is not available on prepaid and T-Mobile is even charging an extra $10 for the SIM card kit if you buy from them. They don't seem to have stock either.

For those who just want the 200MB free data, I suggest buying the Verizon iPad from the Apple Store and just ordering a SIM card from T-Mobile. :rolleyes:

yup this is true. I knew it was too good to be true. Pretty sweet though for tmobile voice customers.

KingFudd

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
In response to rui no onna's post

So I bought the iPad t-mobile version outright with no financing from the apple store. I am not a T-mobile customer. So does that mean I don't have to pay the $10 a month?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
So I bought the iPad t-mobile version outright with no financing from the apple store. I am not a T-mobile customer. So does that mean I don't have to pay the $10 a month?
Yes, you don't have to pay the $10. That's only applicable if you finance your tablet with T-Mobile.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Just signed up for the free promo package with a SIM I got a few months ago but never activated on my ipad 3 and instantly got 200mb! Didn't have to sign up for any other package. And I'm a new tmobile customer.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Just signed up for the free promo package with a SIM I got a few months ago but never activated on my ipad 3 and instantly got 200mb! Didn't have to sign up for any other package. And I'm a new tmobile customer.
I think a lot of folks are curious about this one, myself included. How did you activate it on your iPad 3? Just go to Settings - Cellular Data? Or did you have to do it on T-Mobile's website?

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007

So you went the prepaid route and it was free, correct? No monthly charges?

----------

Eh...

When I select "one payment" on T-Mobile, I'm still told I'll be paying $10/mo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s04oedq5muuzld5/Screenshot 2013-11-01 02.12.07.png

I believe it's for all postpaid customers. Prepaid is different.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Yes, you don't have to pay the $10. That's only applicable if you finance your tablet with T-Mobile.

So?:

Voice customers can finance their iPad and get free data

Non voice customers who pay for their iPad get free data

Non voice customers who take the iPad payment program need some kind of service, which ends up at $10/mo

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I think a lot of folks are curious about this one, myself included. How did you activate it on your iPad 3? Just go to Settings - Cellular Data? Or did you have to do it on T-Mobile's website?

Yes, activated on the iPad 3. I just turned off wifi and went to safari, any page brought me to the activation screen. Had to enter in my name, birthday, email and create a password and pin and that was it. Didn't even ask me for CC info... Not sure if the knew to link it to the email I used when purchasing the SIM or it wasn't required.

Yuck Mouth

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
In response to rui no onna's post

I did this too. This is my first cellular product. Can I set this up over the iPad without going to t-Mobile store?

Also I went with in store pickup. How long does it take to get a pick up confirmation?

nolegirl

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2013
So it seems the two reps I spoke to was correct albeit a little off on the price yet people were saying they didn't know what they were talking about...Bottom line, You do have to pay for something else monthly besides that ipad.
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Screenshots from my iPad 3.

t1.PNG

t2.PNG

BTW - ordered a 128gb iPad Air for pickup tomorrow.

YodasMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Yes, activated on the iPad 3. I just turned off wifi and went to safari, any page brought me to the activation screen. Had to enter in my name, birthday, email and create a password and pin and that was it. Didn't even ask me for CC info... Not sure if the knew to link it to the email I used when purchasing the SIM or it wasn't required.

Does the "Mobile Hotspot" feature work with the free 200mb plan?

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
I'm confused. I have an IPad 2 At&t with 3G with micro sim and just bought a 64g air Tmobile that uses a nano sim. I am a prepaid voice customer. Can I activate the micro sim for my IPad 2 and nano sim for IPad air or am I only allowed one or the other? TIA

Xelnaga15

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
:( and here i thought t-mobile was taking a turn for the better and try to regain customers. the advertising is VERY shady

apples store site even says 200mb FREE for t-mobile.

SO WTF DO I GET FOR THE 10$?!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    100.6 KB · Views: 130

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
:( and here i thought t-mobile was taking a turn for the better and try to regain customers. the advertising is VERY shady

I believe it's the difference between prepaid and postpaid.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California

Just activated my $.99 SIM card I got from the T-Mobile website last week in my own iPad 4. I just went to cellular data under settings and view my account to start the sign-up. Quick and easy with no credit card just email, address and DOB. I now have my free 200 MB a month plan and get quick 15 MBS LTE Download speeds in the Sacramento, CA area.

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012

Did you finance the iPad? You have to be a customer with them to finance an iPad, hencie being on some sort of plan (10$/mo).

Everyone gets a free 200mb regardless.

sixstrings03

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
So it seems the two reps I spoke to was correct albeit a little off on the price yet people were saying they didn't know what they were talking about...Bottom line, You do have to pay for something else monthly besides that ipad.
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

on the phone w/ t-mobile right now to set this up and they confirmed $0 down and no payment for anything unless I want to have more than the 200mb of data... don't have it set up yet; will keep u posted.

I have no other accounts with T-Mobile.... phone is verizon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.