Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you noticed a worse performance in FaceTime over the years?

• Total voters

diegotheplantboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2019
Now, don’t get me wrong, FaceTime has definitely been adding features over the years that are most welcome…. But at what cost?

I have been an iPhone owner since the 5C, and I feel like I’m choosing regular phone calls over FaceTime these days because the number of issues I encounter most times I have a FaceTime call just warrants the use of a regular call instead.

Granted, this opinion rules out signal issues which definitely play their part. However, I am experiencing horrible performance even when the best conditions are present for both parties.

Maybe its time a new iOS iteration did the same thing iOS 12 did back in the day.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
FaceTime works perfectly for me. It’s the same on my SE1 as it is on my 12 Mini. I was even able to use an ancient iPad Mini 1 from 2012 on a FaceTime call to family a few days ago and it still works fine on iOS 9, lol. Never had an issue with FaceTime since I began using it a decade ago.

Reactions: diegotheplantboy

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Ever since I updated to Ventura, I can't get usable FaceTime between myself and the two people I use it with. We had no problems using it before. I don't know if it's Ventura or if that's coincidental and the service end has gotten worse.

Khavik

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
My Face ID on 11 pro max is getting worse and worse but I can explain why 😁 I have a glass screen protector and as time flies by it gets more and more scratches and finger prints - it does it’s job and in stead of screen I scratch a protector.

Of course protector is not as hard as screen and it scratches way more easy. I have this protector 4 years and not gonna buy new one because I upgrade phone soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.