Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xvrockerlouvx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I've heard displex works wonders at removing scratches off glossy plastics of all kinds (ipods, psps, etc). Anyone have experience in removing scratches from your white macbook? What works? Thanks.

pattman247

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Toronto
I am not to sure about duplex, but I sure as hell know that brasso works, and pretty well I might add. It is great for the hairline scratches and a bit deeper than hairline, but the ones that you can feel when you slide your finger nail through would still be there, but thats with any material. The problem with using brasso though is you have to use it for at least 20 minutes to get rid of a spot of scratches.
This is how I do it;
apply brasso using toilet paper on one area
wait ten minutes
use an old cotton shirt to wipe for 20 minutes
ten minutes in put brasso on another spot
once the 20 minutes is up start brassoing the other spot
repeat :D

this would help your macbook look good as new, and it looks more "polished" if its an older laptop, makes it look like you just took it out of the box

of course now I have a new 2.4 penryn blackbook with an incase hardshell on, so that isn't an issue for me anymore :D

xvrockerlouvx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Well let's just say this. I use Displex on my PSP and iPods. It works wonders at removing scratches from those glossy plastics. If it works for those, will it work for the macbook's glossy exterior also? It only makes sense that it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.