Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theodd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Just rushed home on my lunch break to take delivery of my new MBA. Opened it up...georgeous. Exactly how I thought it would be. Even better! Look a little closer. Dammit. Ding front and center on the palm rest. It actually moved part of the finish because if you run your fingers over it you can feel a bump. Called Apple and they seem to be taking care of me. They said I can swap out at my local store. So bitter sweet. Looks awesome though.

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Dang that sucks! Well hey atleast you get to play with it at home till their in stores. Then you get a nice new one!

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
Unlucky with the model, but I'm glad it looks as good as expected. Enjoy, once you've got it that is :)

theodd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Yeah, I'm back at work now (posting on iPhone) but I'll post pics later tonight. The ding isn't a huge deal. But def not something you want to pay $2k for. If it was on the bottom I probably wouldn't even bother swapping it out. But that thing will driveme nuts if I don't get it taken care of.

Finish feels exactly the same as a MBP and those seem pretty resilliant.

theodd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007

yar...I was only talking about the resilliancy of the MBP VS the MBA. The MBA feels very solid and the finish seems identical. I should have been more precise.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
lol you're so behind. Read my old posts haha.

ive been extremely busy with my revision for criminology exam tomorrow! this must be a reason for why i'm being bitchy on this forum recently, i must apologise ~ lol.

anyway if you've got the cash, why not if it brings you joy. i'd pay 3 grand not to do my exam and get a first, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.