Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Yup. Can't wait... Some questions tho!

1) I ordered using my Mom's credit card... but it's being shipped to my dorm room. Will it take longer to get to me since they have to verify that its not some kind of fraud thing?

2) It says shipping within 24 hours...and it will take up to 5 days. How long is it really? What's the average that it took you guys?

3) I ordered through the education store to get my discount.. will this make it longer too to verify or whatever they do?

I want it by Saturday...but I don't know it that will happen :(

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
MacFan782040 said:
Yup. Can't wait... Some questions tho!

1) I ordered using my Mom's credit card... but it's being shipped to my dorm room. Will it take longer to get to me since they have to verify that its not some kind of fraud thing?

2) It says shipping within 24 hours...and it will take up to 5 days. How long is it really? What's the average that it took you guys?

3) I ordered through the education store to get my discount.. will this make it longer too to verify or whatever they do?

I want it by Saturday...but I don't know it that will happen :(

CONGRATS!! dont think you will get it by saturday, but ill keep my fingers crossed for you

volcomjerk

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2005
I wish I was going through the same anticipation phase you are going through I just got my iMac 20" and now all the anticipation is gone... :(

BUT NOW...

I anticipate getting home to my new 20" iMac everyday!

CONGRATS!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
MacFan782040 said:
This is two seperate questions. When will it ship? Within 24 hours of you ordering it unless they need to verify information, then within 24 hours of that verification.

As for delivery time, you profile says you're in PA, the iMac will probably ship from California. Expect it sometime next week probably.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Bear said:
As for delivery time, you profile says you're in PA, the iMac will probably ship from California. Expect it sometime next week probably.

NooooooOOooOOOooooOOooooooo......... :(

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
MacFan782040 said:
NooooooOOooOOOooooOOooooooo......... :(

Sadly yes. Apples shipping times tend to be a bit on the slow side.

It took ~2 weeks for them to ship my Power Mac G5 to me.
Although, I believe that there was some sort of manufacturing holdup on Apple's part.

Anyways, congrats on the purchase of your awesome new 20" iMac G5! :)
Enjoy it!!! :)

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
dmw007 said:
Sadly yes. Apples shipping times tend to be a bit on the slow side.

It took ~2 weeks for them to ship my Power Mac G5 to me.
Although, I believe that there was some sort of manufacturing holdup on Apple's part.

Anyways, congrats on the purchase of your awesome new 20" iMac G5! :)
Enjoy it!!! :)

I remember getting my iPod in 2-3 days. I'm sure it didn't come from Cali though...

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
MacFan782040 said:
I remember getting my iPod in 2-3 days. I'm sure it didn't come from Cali though...

My iPod Mini was shipped from Shanghai, China I believe (although it only took about 3-4 days to arrive).

roadapple

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2004
MacFan782040 said:

It's up to the credit card company. When I bought my pbook online and had it shipped to a different address then the cc billing address, Apple send me an email that the order was delayed and to contact my credit card company. So I called them and confirmed that this was a real purchase and all was well, but it delayed the order a couple of days.

AmericanCliche

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2005
Los Angeles
I just got a 20inch iMac from the Apple store (just over 24 hours ago). I used my student ID to get the student discount. I was thinking of waiting for the intel line, but I'm so happy I just got the computer... besides it'll be awhile before they have intel iMacs. I prefer getting comptuers at the Apple store, just because I hate waiting for an Apple product once I decide to buy it.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
My 17" iMac (and my G4 before it) arrived the day after I ordered it. One of the benefits of living in a small country :cool:

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
AmericanCliche said:
I just got a 20inch iMac from the Apple store (just over 24 hours ago). I used my student ID to get the student discount. I was thinking of waiting for the intel line, but I'm so happy I just got the computer... besides it'll be awhile before they have intel iMacs. I prefer getting comptuers at the Apple store, just because I hate waiting for an Apple product once I decide to buy it.

I was gonna buy it from an Apple store....but i dont know.. something about it being shipped to you being the "freshest" quality, convience of not driving, and the excitement waiting for it.

Update: Looks like my mini will be coming today. (UPS)

FedEx says my iMac was recieved and it's being shipped from China.

WooHoooooo

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Originally Posted by MacFan782040

Nah. I have ordered tons of stuff with my previous employers CC online from Apple and it was never an issue.

As long as all of the billing info matches and is correct, they usually don't care where they send it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.