Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cableguyis19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Hi,

I Just wanted to let everybody know I purchased a copy of both Prey and Max Payne for the Mac.
Having played both games in demo version, I fired up macgamestore (in Firefox hehe) and bought retail copies.

You know what's funny... I found out that 3dreams/apogee have been planning Prey for quite a while now (since 1996 if I'm not mistaken).

Anyhow,
I think that supporting the Mac as a gaming platform is very important

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
I got Max Payne free a couple years ago when I bought a few other titles from macgamestore.com. Don't know if they still have that available or not. Not normally the kind of setting I go for in games, but it was pretty good and worth playing once anyway. And no, there wasn't a demo I don't think.

--Eric

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I thought Prey had a friggin brilliant idea behind it, but didn't execute it as well as it could have been. Still it's one of the better FPS games IMO that has a brilliant start and middle.

Max Payne was quite good too. It dragged on but again (like Prey) had a wonderful gameplay stratagem that was enjoyable to play with. The narrative cutscenes were just so beautiful and really well made.

2 good games that should fill up a few weeks of your life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.