Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Another Day

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2017
Initial impressions these sound really similar to my HD650. The sound stage is great for a closed back, might actually be the best for closed back that I have tried. Feels super premium. While they are heavier compared to the QCII, It's not really noticeable imo. I think these will be my new dallies... more to come.

I had a pair of MDR-1000x but switched back to the QCII, so can't compare to the XM4s. The space greys are actually my wifes, can't wait till my silvers gets here!

IMG_2834.jpeg

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
I just picked up mine. To me they sound great.

The build quality is really so pleasing to me. They just feel so well constructed and while plain and simple looking they exude an aesthetic beauty I can’t quite describe.

kmanmx

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
UK
Initial impressions these sound really similar to my HD650. The sound stage is great for a closed back, might actually be the best for closed back that I have tried. Feels super premium. While they are heavier compared to the QCII, It's not really noticeable imo. I think these will be my new dallies... more to come.

I had a pair of MDR-1000x but switched back to the QCII, so can't compare to the XM4s. The space greys are actually my wifes, can't wait till my silvers gets here!

View attachment 1694902
You find them similar to an HD650 ? That's interesting. The HD650s are pretty dark IMO, the APM are a much brighter sounding headset in my experience. That said I havn't heard my old HD650s in over 10 years...

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
You find them similar to an HD650 ? That's interesting. The HD650s are pretty dark IMO, the APM are a much brighter sounding headset in my experience. That said I havn't heard my old HD650s in over 10 years...
Yeah, the 650s are for people who don't like how neutral the 600s are.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009

View attachment 1694902
Got the same color today!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.