Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Does the charger look familiar to anyone else?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 240

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Apple also has applied for a patent on a MagSafe-like device with power and data connectivity. It was a news post here like a year ago or so. I wonder which (MS or Apple) was first.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Apple also has applied for a patent on a MagSafe-like device with power and data connectivity. It was a news post here like a year ago or so. I wonder which (MS or Apple) was first.

Surely Apple patented a specific type/method of magsafe, perhaps MS's is different.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
But what did you think if the device itself? Honestly, it looks fairly neat to me and every time someone uses one, they dance. I want to dance.

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
But what did you think if the device itself? Honestly, it looks fairly neat to me and every time someone uses one, they dance. I want to dance.

Just ran into someone using a Surface RT and asked how he liked it. He said he likes it and its really useful for him. Then I pulled out my Samsung Ativ 500T and we broke out in dance.

I gotta say the Surface being used with the touch cover looks way slicker than an iPad.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
The problem with the connector is that isn't enough like the MagSafe connector. When the MagSafe gets into range, it's drawn to the computer, making it a great deal easier to plug in. With the Surface, I really have to maneuver the connector just right for it to snap into place.

It's ironic that they taut how easily the keyboards snap into place when I rarely remove me, but the power cord gets lots of use.

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
The problem with the connector is that isn't enough like the MagSafe connector. When the MagSafe gets into range, it's drawn to the computer, making it a great deal easier to plug in. With the Surface, I really have to maneuver the connector just right for it to snap into place.

It's ironic that they taut how easily the keyboards snap into place when I rarely remove me, but the power cord gets lots of use.

Yeah that was a big issue people had with the RT version. Ive heard the Pro is better, but I dunno how they missed that detail when they made such a big deal about the keyboard magnets, as you mentioned.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008

Yep, I have same issue. Nothing more frustrating than a computer that's runs out of power when you think you have it plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.