Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I just received my 128gig iPad Air, what a sweet machine. The USB ports on my PC do not have enough power to charge this iPad. I have the very nice Anker® 25W 5-Port USB hub but it does not have sync. Can anyone suggest a externally powered USB hub that has the capacity to charge this iPad at full speed and can also do a hard wired sync.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I just received my 128gig iPad Air, what a sweet machine. The USB ports on my PC do not have enough power to charge this iPad. I have the very nice Anker® 25W 5-Port USB hub but it does not have sync. Can anyone suggest a externally powered USB hub that has the capacity to charge this iPad at full speed and can also do a hard wired sync.

Anker® USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081] by Anker http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NGQWL2/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_NfH-sb1RHZTEP

C0SM0

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
This hub looks great. I have one question though. Do all of the USB ports charge the iPad Air, or does it need to be plugged into the special charging port?

Thanks in advance.

Ralee

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2014
Uploading files to my new iPad air

Is there a way to upload files from stick drive unto my new iPad air?

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
What a great powered USB hub :D in fact the best I have ever owned. Thanks Zmanbaseball2 for the pointer :)

Curious. Have you tried using a thumb drive in that adapter along with your iPad Air to transfer data from the drive to the iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.