Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Something like 50 minutes to install. It's about 40% done. I wonder if this is the Zero-Day security fix that was pushed out in 11.3.

I'll report when I get my operating system back up and running.

That's the downside of a HDD - it takes forever to do anything that hits the disk a lot.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Something like 50 minutes to install. It's about 40% done. I wonder if this is the Zero-Day security fix that was pushed out in 11.3.
If you're still running High Sierra, it's not a new security update. High Sierra has not received a security update in about 6 months and isn't supported by Apple anymore.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
It appears to be from last November. I guess I need to be careful how I use this thing. My Mojave systems did get updates though.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I don't have a choice on operating systems. I am not sure whether or not I could run Linux or Windows 10 as I don't know if I can get a hold of Boot Camp that would support Windows 10 on this old system. I do actually like High Sierra quite a bit and I don't really do anything on this system that would be risky. I suppose I should run MalwareBytes on it regularly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.