Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Hi Folks,

I ordered a refurb'd 24" ACD and it arrived today. All I can say is WOW! I have it right next to my 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC. The Dell XPS PC is running an NVIDIA 8600 GT with 4GB on the motherboard.

Ok, back to the ACD, the unit is spectacular and looks to be 'brand spanking new'. Side-by-side comparison would be subjective and worthless. My eye favors the ACD. I consider this a bargain at $699, not chump change but it works great with my Rev C MBA.

I am using the MBA with an Apple wireless keyboard and a Microsoft 5000 Bluetooth mouse.

Joe

Mon.jpg

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
I do have one minor issue, the length of the connector cables leaves something to be desired since the USB and Mini Display ports are on one side and the charge port is on the opposite side. The cables do fit but just barely.

Joe

JasG

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
Pardon my oblviousness

But I didn't even realize the Air could drive so large a display. Nice going.

theimacdude

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2008
ACD's are soo nice! The price tag is a shame however (New) :(
Where did you find such a deal? That's about £425, however its still a hefty price for a monitor...
I'll go pick up a Acer 24" For £175 Thanks!! ^ . ^

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
I do have one minor issue, the length of the connector cables leaves something to be desired since the USB and Mini Display ports are on one side and the charge port is on the opposite side. The cables do fit but just barely.

Joe

They were really designed for the unibody MB and MBP with all ports next to each other. It is a little awkward on the Air.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
But I didn't even realize the Air could drive so large a display. Nice going.

It has the same 9400M graphics chipset as the Macbooks (now the 13'' Pro...*chuckle*) and the 15 and 17'' MBPs. Only difference is the 15 and 17'' can switch to dedicated graphics on the 9600GT M.

The 9400M powers the 17'' 1920x1200 MBP display just fine, so no reason it couldn't power the 1920x1200 on the 24'' ACD. :)

I had problems with my 17'' MBP I picked up yesterday (wonky Airport-probably a short- and random lockups from the HDD) so they DOA'd it.

Decided to go with the MBA 2.13Ghz SSD and a 24'' ACD for just barely more in price. Much happier. I wanted the hi-res display mobility but I figured I'd rather have the light weight and larger display at home. I was running the 1920x1200 on the 17'' MBP with the 9400M the whole time without issue. I really didn't need the extra horsepower on the 17'' model so the MBA was a better option for me anyway.

Absolutely LOVE this MBA.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
They were really designed for the unibody MB and MBP with all ports next to each other. It is a little awkward on the Air.

Which is amusing since Apple markets the 24'' ACD as a great companion for the MBA :rolleyes:

Still works though. :cool:

maroulis

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
FYI. I have a Rev C MBA 2.13/SSD and i'm using a mini-displayport to regular displayport connector to connect to my Dell 3008 wfp (30" LCD) and running 2560 resolution :)

works flawlessly..!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.