Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KBFinFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2003
Connecticut, USA
Dear Apple Customer,

The following products shipped on 10/22/2003. Transit time will
depend upon whether you have chosen standard or premium freight
options. If your order is shipping standard freight, it should arrive
within 2 - 5 business days of shipment.

Product # Product Description Qty Ext Price

M9231LL/A MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA 1 19.95

Sent this morning via FedEx.. tracking number is not yet in the system. Looks like the up-to-date for non-official up-to-date customers worked! And that we will see some black fur come Friday...

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Strange, I ordered the day it became available and I still haven't gotten a shipping notice. Even dudes in Australia are getting notices now.. *sniff*

D

davrouk

got my UK notice today - but said delivery within 10 working days

hope it comes friday!

Blackstealth

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Bradford, UK
I've got two copies on order: up-to-date for my PowerBook (ordered 13th Oct) and a Family License pack (ordered 8th Oct), haven't received a shipping notice for either...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by yellow
No notice, but I just hit the http://www.apple.com/OrderStatus site and checked. It said shipped and had a FedEx tracking number (that doesn't work). *boggle*
As you probably have realized, the tracking number will start working when Fedex actually picks up the package from Apple and scans it. (Sometime this evening I would say.)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Originally posted by Bear
As you probably have realized, the tracking number will start working when Fedex actually picks up the package from Apple and scans it. (Sometime this evening I would say.)
They state:
"For orders shipped Monday through Thursday tracking information will
be available on the carrier sites 12 to 24 hours after shipping.
For orders shipped Friday through Sunday tracking information will be
available on the carrier sites by the following Monday evening."

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
At last!, I got my notification email. Yay. That sounds about right..yay I love this :) :)

on the fedex site, it says that the estimated delivery day is 10/23/03 at 12.00 .... is that 12.00 noon?? :D if it is then YAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
I was dumb and selected 2 day shipping before realizing that the delivery was going to be Friday regardless of shipping method. Unfortunately, 2 days before the estimated delivery, I have received no shipping notice. I'm really hoping this comes Friday, otherwise I won't be able to get it until Monday.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Originally posted by beefcake
I was dumb and selected 2 day shipping before realizing that the delivery was going to be Friday regardless of shipping method. Unfortunately, 2 days before the estimated delivery, I have received no shipping notice. I'm really hoping this comes Friday, otherwise I won't be able to get it until Monday.
They should automatically update you, I just purchased Panther yesterday for my brother's iBook, and I just choose ground and it automatically bumped me to Overnite Shipping.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I got my Panther delivery this morning! :D Installing it right now.

I got the shipping notification email late yesterday. (I'm in Canada.) The shipping was priority overnight, and it arrived this morning.

Excited! I can't wait to show my Maccie friends.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
GOT MINE!

I got mine this morning at 9 but I'm at school right now and can't go home..DARN!! and I'm tutoring after school...NOOOO

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm a bit miffed.. I paid $12.00 for overnight shipping and got the shipping notice yesterday. To me, that means I should receive the package the next business day, i.e., today. I've been (compulsively) following it's tracking number with FedEx and it doesn't seem to me that it's going to make it here today. What the hell did I pay $12 for??

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Originally posted by yellow
I'm a bit miffed.. I paid $12.00 for overnight shipping and got the shipping notice yesterday. To me, that means I should receive the package the next business day, i.e., today. I've been (compulsively) following it's tracking number with FedEx and it doesn't seem to me that it's going to make it here today. What the hell did I pay $12 for??

They shouldn't even have put the option..

woodsey

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2001
What exactly is my FexEx tracking number?

Is it my web order number, sales order number, or invoice number?

I have tried all these numbers, but none seem to come up on the FedEx tracking site.

But, maybe its cos Im in Australia. Does anyone know if FedEx deliver apple products in Australia?

Also, can someone who already has Panther tell me where it is being made/packaged. Im guessing somewhere in Asia, like taiwan, or south korea or something. Just curious.

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Re: Just Recieved Panther Shipping Information

Originally posted by KBFinFan
Sent this morning via FedEx.. tracking number is not yet in the system. Looks like the up-to-date for non-official up-to-date customers worked!

Yup :) I'm gettin mine tomorrow.

Originally posted by KBFinFan
And that we will see some black fur come Friday...

I'm sure everyone here's already seen MY pet name for Panther, so I won't post it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.