Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
I have on the boat the 1st Gen and the 2nd Gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch and when it came time to upgrade to the 3rd Gen I originally planned to buy it but because the availability through T-Mobile it was out of stock I am back ordered 2 1/2 months so I decided to go with the 11 inch model thinking I would give it a shot and then return it and upgrade to the 12.9 I have now owned The 11 inch model for about two months and I absolutely love it the size is perfect The one thing I didn’t like about the 12.9 inch was that it was not as easy to take with you outside of a long trip I know you lose screen size which is a bummer but you gave more mobility in him only lose 1.9 inches which honestly isn’t that much and with the price increase from last year‘s model I paid the exact same for the small model and same storage amount Is there anybody out there that did the same thing or wishes they had or have a thought on this please share below would love to hear from the community your story of the iPad Pro lik is there anybody out there that did the same thing or wishes they had or have a thought on this please share below would love to hear from the community your story of the iPad Pro life

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I went with the 12.9. It's my first iPad since the original Air. I don't switch iPads very often.
I will say, initially it seemed very big, but I came from 9.7". After I got used to it however, I'd almost say I could go for another inch... Insert inuendo here. I don't really go out with my iPad though. It's left the house precisely once so far, and will take 3 more trips when I bring it for my exams to do quick drawing with the Pencil to sketch out thoughts before writing my final answers. But generally I don't need portability.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
I have on the boat the 1st Gen and the 2nd Gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch and when it came time to upgrade to the 3rd Gen I originally planned to buy it but because the availability through T-Mobile it was out of stock I am back ordered 2 1/2 months so I decided to go with the 11 inch model thinking I would give it a shot and then return it and upgrade to the 12.9 I have now owned The 11 inch model for about two months and I absolutely love it the size is perfect The one thing I didn’t like about the 12.9 inch was that it was not as easy to take with you outside of a long trip I know you lose screen size which is a bummer but you gave more mobility in him only lose 1.9 inches which honestly isn’t that much and with the price increase from last year‘s model I paid the exact same for the small model and same storage amount Is there anybody out there that did the same thing or wishes they had or have a thought on this please share below would love to hear from the community your story of the iPad Pro lik is there anybody out there that did the same thing or wishes they had or have a thought on this please share below would love to hear from the community your story of the iPad Pro life

It is not uncommon, people return the 12.9” all the time simply because it is a beast. While other people love it, and want a 42” iPad haha.

I’m just happy Apple made them equal performance wise!

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I’m a little confused…

hemon

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2014
Anyone go from the 11" iPad Pro to the 12.9… just for *media consumption* (not work)? How did you find the change? Are you satisfied with it?

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Anyone go from the 11" iPad Pro to the 12.9… just for *media consumption* (not work)? How did you find the change? Are you satisfied with it?

I did and loved it for media consumption. Unfortunately I sold mine for the new mini 5. I prefer portability as I travel a lot. Had the 12.9 for 2 months. It was great for what I needed. Typically working the graveyard shift so watching content was amazing. My biggest issue was playing games was difficult even though I don’t play much but it’s nice I’m able to with the mini if I wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.