Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
Just got one, anyone here have one? What settings do you imoprt your video for playback on a DVD?

It seems to take a bit of time on the best resolution, does anyone have any suggestions as how do speed up the time by tweaking settings without compromising quality...

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I haven't seen a review anywhere that has spoken highly of the hard drive based camcorders.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
cgratti said:
Just got one, anyone here have one? What settings do you imoprt your video for playback on a DVD?

It seems to take a bit of time on the best resolution, does anyone have any suggestions as how do speed up the time by tweaking settings without compromising quality...
Which software are you using to get the clips off the camcorder and into your Mac? Which software are you using to work with the camcorder's files? It's hard to give you speed and quality tips without knowing what your current workflow is.
kvanwagoner said:
I haven't seen a review anywhere that has spoken highly of the hard drive based camcorders.
How does that help the original poster?

Dave the Great

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Rod Rod said:
Which software are you using to get the clips off the camcorder and into your Mac? Which software are you using to work with the camcorder's files? It's hard to give you speed and quality tips without knowing what your current workflow is.

Unless they changed this year's models on the way they save the info, which I don't think they did, it is disappointing because you are stuck using JVC's stupid software. If you change the file name from their goofy name (MOD), you are able to import it into other software programs. However, you lose the sound.

Actually, believe it or not, I gave them the idea a few years ago. However, they did not implement all my ideas, so I am not to blame for the lousy quality.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Dave the Great said:
Unless they changed this year's models on the way they save the info, which I don't think they did, it is disappointing because you are stuck using JVC's stupid software. If you change the file name from their goofy name (MOD), you are able to import it into other software programs. However, you lose the sound.
I'm wondering whether the files / transport streams would be accessible via VirtualDVHS, for conversion with MPEG Streamclip. Have you tried that?

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
i use the bundled software Capty that came with it, it lets me convert to just about any format. I was really looking to see if I used the highest settings it would be overkill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.