Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brendanxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2015
Hi
As I came to the end of my free year with Kaspersky antivirus I decided to uninstall it. I moved the application to the trash and deleted it, searched the computer for Kaspersky and deleted the two items I found. However when I tried to install the free Avast I got a message saying "Kaspersky detected" and it wouldn't install. I can't find anything when I search for Kaspersky so don't know how I can delete all traces of it. Can anyone help please?

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Hi
As I came to the end of my free year with Kaspersky antivirus I decided to uninstall it. I moved the application to the trash and deleted it, searched the computer for Kaspersky and deleted the two items I found. However when I tried to install the free Avast I got a message saying "Kaspersky detected" and it wouldn't install. I can't find anything when I search for Kaspersky so don't know how I can delete all traces of it. Can anyone help please?

Step #3?
https://www.minicreo.com/mac-uninst...mac.html#how-to-uninstall-kaspersky-on-mac-p3

Reactions: Partron22

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Kaspersky tries to be tricky. You have to look up the equivalent of canuckRus' link for Win 10 too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.