Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
You wouldn't feel that way if you had one. The enclosure design keeps it thin and light. Lighter than the Apple case, and the leather doesn't discolor.

I don't have the Apple case nor would I ever get one as they are over priced and add too much weight and bulk. As for the Kavaj case I don't need to own one to know how I feel about the design and quality. I stand by my opinion.

I currently use a combination of the BoxWave clear back she'll and a Smart Cover which adds minimal bulk and weight. To add to that I can take the Smart Cover off when using the iPad if I choose to do so which reduces the weight even further when in use.

In my opinion the Kavaj is not a good case and certainly not worth the money nor very practical like other similar all in one cases. The leather covering the bezels also looks ugly.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
KAVAJ Berlin REAL leather iPad Air 2 case … AMAZING !!!

I don't have the Apple case nor would I ever get one as they are over priced and add too much weight and bulk. As for the Kavaj case I don't need to own one to know how I feel about the design and quality. I stand by my opinion.

I currently use a combination of the BoxWave clear back she'll and a Smart Cover which adds minimal bulk and weight. To add to that I can take the Smart Cover off when using the iPad if I choose to do so which reduces the weight even further when in use.

In my opinion the Kavaj is not a good case and certainly not worth the money nor very practical like other similar all in one cases. The leather covering the bezels also looks ugly.

A very strong opinion for a product you don't have!

I actually had a set up as your Boxwave+Smart Cover. It was very nice, but heavier than I preferred and heavier, bulkier than the KAVAJ. And I didn't like the feel of the material, nor the empty side when the Smart Cover was removed. I learned these things by taking a chance on the KAVAJ. I returned the Smart Cover.

It's fine to stand by your opinion, perhaps it's helps you justify your selection. . But somewhat low class of you to criticize another's choice so harshly when you never owned one...especially in the bulk and weight aspect. Or construction.

Enough said.

Last edited:

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I don't have the Apple case nor would I ever get one as they are over priced and add too much weight and bulk. As for the Kavaj case I don't need to own one to know how I feel about the design and quality. I stand by my opinion. ...

You are welcome to it, but so we are clear - your opinion is worthless with respect to discussing the quality of the Kavaj case. You haven't the slightest clue what the build quality is if you don't have one and your comments run completely counter to the vast majority of reviews on the case. But perhaps you are used to marching to the beat of a different drummer than everyone else. . .

You may be out on the margins to begin with if you think the Apple smartcase is too bulky or heavy. It's one of the more minimalistic full body cases there is.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Your comments are doing you any favors. Neither the case nor the stitching is crude. Sounds like you aren't very familiar with leather products.

I'm an engineer for a well known global company that makes, among other things, leather soft goods for the consumer market (not electronics). I know a good leather product when I see it, and this isn't it.

The Apple case is as good as this sort of thing gets in terms of fit and finish.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Seems like a lot of mine is better than yours. I have both the Apple case and the Berlin and use both depending on my needs.

Both are good cases, excellent leather etc. My Berlin has an issue with sleep magnets not linking up well, but slight movement solves that.

I would recommend both of them depending on your needs.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
KAVAJ Berlin REAL leather iPad Air 2 case … AMAZING !!!

I'm an engineer for a well known global company that makes, among other things, leather soft goods for the consumer market (not electronics). I know a good leather product when I see it, and this isn't it.

The Apple case is as good as this sort of thing gets in terms of fit and finish.

If you are into consumer goods, then you know the motto here is ' the customer is always right'

The consumer views are good.

My KAVAJ is as fine as my leather Levenger wallets and my Sena leather phone sleeve. Leather, stitching and all. It's as fine as the Apple leather case ( which I own and like, btw). Apple's choice of aniline leather is fine, but it will darken down more than leather used for hand goods and furniture. The latter leather is coated with a very, very thin layer of polymer for color retention and durability. Not to be confused with pleather which is wholly and totally synthetic.

One cannot sell a product leather in Germany unless it really is.

http://www.all-about-leather.co.uk/what-is-leather/leather-types.htm

Again if you don't own one...

----------

Seems like a lot of mine is better than yours. I have both the Apple case and the Berlin and use both depending on my needs.

Both are good cases, excellent leather etc. My Berlin has an issue with sleep magnets not linking up well, but slight movement solves that.

I would recommend both of them depending on your needs.

Actually for the negative protagonists it seems more of only mine is good and yours in horrible.

I have no problem with other people's choices, but downing my choice without ever owning one, is just lame.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
This is the perfect IPad case. The bezel leather is not as wide as some and it helps with holding the iPad. Very thin case and does look amazing. Lots of compliments. I have the Berlin iPad case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.