Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Hey all!

So, I have a bunch of favourite folders set up in the sidebar of Finder, into which I often move files from my Download-folder

After one of the last updates for Yosemite, when I drag a file to one of these folders (or any other folder, for that matter), it changes focus to that folder, when I drop the file, even if I drop it instantly.
Previously, it would only change focus/open that folder, if I held the file over the folder for a second or two, but now, it happens no matter how fast I drop the file on the folder

This is SUPER annoying, so I'm hoping someone in here has any idea if it's possible to make this madness stop, so it behaves as before? :)

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Never mind, I found the solution! :) Even though I'd searched before posting, seems I didn't do it too well ;) A little more searching told me, that I was looking for the settings for spring loaded folders, which has been moved from Finder preferences to Accessibility settings :)

Reactions: soereng
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.