Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have a subscription for Apple Music. Out of nowhere, I keep getting emails I have to update my creditcard data in the AppStore. It is asking for the CVC code. After I entered the code it will be gone again after some minutes. I don’t understand, this was never a problem. I am on iOS 17.4.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Updating your credit card should only be required if it is expired. If it’s not, be suspicious of scams.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I am almost sure it isn't a scam. On both iOS and MacOS, I see a message next to my creditcard: editing required (or something). I have to enter my CVV (CVC) code. After this, the message disappears and everything looks fine. In most cases I also get a confirmation mail from Apple that my payment methods have been changed. However, after a few minutes, the message editing required pops up again.

It almost looks like the CVV code is not really saved.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Update: I contacted Apple Support and it seems that something is going wrong in the authentication process between Apple and the bank. Apple said I should contact my bank. I have contacted my bank and they examined the transactions but said it looks like Apple is not following the right steps or something. So it looks like they are pointing at each other. Sigh. Now I'm thinking about my next steps.

I am afraid my Apple Music subscription will be cancelled automatically and I will loose my playlists etc. If that happens I think I will switch to a competing music service.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
What about trying to add a new CC? Or maybe delete the current CC then add it back?

I can’t delete my credit card as it is my only payment method. I added PayPal as my payment method and then deleted my credit card. When I added my credit card again, the problem still exists however. But the payment for Apple Music is gone through PayPal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.