Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Reason

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Is there any way to do this? I use a widescreen monitor at work, that has just the space to keep notification center open all the time.

jobiegermano

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Bump. I have the exact same question and this is the only google result that I can find on this side of the argument. Please help.

gluhring

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Astray in Sylvan
2 months later

I asked myself this question this morning, and just found this thread. Many times someone will find the answer but won't bother to come back to post it. Any contributors above find the answer? Come back & fill us in. I don't accept "no" for a prob that seems so simple.

Help stomp out unsolved posts!

Jenni8

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
CA
I would like this feature too. A nice button to "lock" the slide-out would be the most efficient way. A perfect spot would be right next to the settings button on the bottom. Lets hope for the best.

Deniax

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
If Apple hasn't implemented this, anyone know an 3rd party that can make it happen?

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Not like this is a 'real solution' but I'm pretty sure growl lets you do this, as well as just being a better notification tool in general.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I don't accept "no" for a prob that seems so simple.
Whether you accept it or not, if the feature isn't there, you can't have it.
If that behaviour has not been written in the software, then the problem is not "simple".
You can only have the features that have been created. All the "defaults write" tweaks are things that Apple has written into the software.

Sorry to put a downer on the party, but that's the way things are. ;)

I'm not saying there isn't a solution: there may be an preference setting, or third-party software, that does what you want. But just because it's a seemingly small change, doesn't mean it can be implemented easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.