Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getbigg21

Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Hello-

I have a G4 Powerbook w/ 1.33ghz, 1.25 Ram, 60 Gig HD, superdrive, airport extreme, bluetooth, 12 inch screen.

Now should I try and sell this cpu and either get a better powerbook( faster processor, bigger screen), sell it and get one of them new intel cpu, or just keep it and get something later.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Unless you just have a need for a more powerful machine then I would hold on to it. I don't know how much you would get for it with the new intel mac out. You could always just test the waters and see if there is offer that makes you happy though.

getbigg21

Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Yeah I was looking on ebay and they are going for about $1000 or more. I even saw one go for $1500. I was really suprised w/ that one. I use the cpu for music editing, video editing, internet, itunes, chatting, picture.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I know I just bought a used ibook G4. I got a good deal and I am sure alot of other people would like this machine, and there a plenty of people who can't buy the cream of the crop. If you want to upgrade and can afford to, why not? I am thinking of things the cheap way. I would love you be able to buy a new MBP. But just not possible for me at the time. But like I said if I could just upgrade and not go into debt there probably would not be much stopping me...

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Keep it. Apple is going to transition their products this year, and they just might make something else you'd want more.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
getbigg21 said:
...I have a G4 Powerbook w/ 1.33ghz, 1.25 Ram, 60 Gig HD, superdrive, airport extreme, bluetooth, 12 inch screen.

What should guide the decision making process is not what you presently own, but whether what you have is satisfying all of your needs now and for the forseeable future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.