Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
After reading threds after threds on this forum, I found running disk repair permission and "sudo sh /etc/daily," sudo sh /etc/weekly," and sudo sh /etc/monthly" on the regular basis will help Mac OS X in good shpae. Those, I do. If there are corrupt files, damage files, or any irregular files which may disrupt Mac OS X, do those abovementioned regimen will keep those bad things in check? I am curious to know how to keep OS X in top notch shape (like a preventivie medicen, rather than taking actions after getting sick).

I have Al PB 15" and Ti TB 15" with OS X 10.3.7.

YS2003

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Doing these two things should pretty much keep your Mac in shape. I would also stay clear of hacks and system level enhancements (e.g. Shapeshift or OS X themes, etc) as these things mess around with important files and sometimes a routine Apple OS upgrade can break a system that has been changed like this.

Panther, I beilieve, also defrags files on the fly up to 20MB so that should be fine. I've noticed that my Mac never seems to slow down and clog up with use and when downloading files, unlike my spyware infested PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.