Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I have a lot of photos, I'm trying to organize it by creating albums and moving the photos accordingly, however the photos I moved still remains in the camera roll album and if I after moving the photos to the newly created album, delete it the prompt will say the photos are used in an album do you want to delete it everywhere. Then my question is what is the point of creating an album? It's like putting all photos in the camera roll!

Any idea how to delete without deleting everywhere?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I have a lot of photos, I'm trying to organize it by creating albums and moving the photos accordingly, however the photos I moved still remains in the camera roll album and if I after moving the photos to the newly created album, delete it the prompt will say the photos are used in an album do you want to delete it everywhere. Then my question is what is the point of creating an album? It's like putting all photos in the camera roll!

Any idea how to delete without deleting everywhere?

There's unfortunately no way of doing this unless you import and then create albums or events using iPhoto and delete them from the camera roll. Photos on iOS really needs fixing but it doesn't look iOS 6 is going to change that.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
There's unfortunately no way of doing this unless you import and then create albums or events using iPhoto and delete them from the camera roll. Photos on iOS really needs fixing but it doesn't look iOS 6 is going to change that.

Oh Ok.

If the photos can be placed in separate folders that would be great. That way I can place them in a folder I want.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Oh Ok.

If the photos can be placed in separate folders that would be great. That way I can place them in a folder I want.

Yeah you definitely can if you use iPhoto on the Mac. One problem with that is you still can't add or delete photos on your phone. You have to do it on the Mac and sync your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.