Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
this has been \happening to me for years and it is annoying as ****. how do I find what apps or music in iTunes that may be other peoples?

mezman

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2008
Issue resolved. Thank you!

I went into iCloud in Settings and I noticed that my phone still said "Restore In Progress," though as far as I could tell it was back to normal (minus the annoying apple id prompts). I clicked "stop restore." It warned me that I would lose whatever had not been restored yet. I decided to take the risk.

Then from within the same menu I told it to backup my phone in its current state to iCloud.

Once the backup completed... voila! No more prompts. I don't know what happened and I don't know how to explain it. Maybe the backup has kinda come full circle or something. It restored from the cloud, then backed up again and now everything is legit...? I don't know.

Thank you, this helped resolve my issue! Appreciate you sharing the information.

Mor
Ears and Gears
http://www.earsandgears.com

----------

Just had this issue. The trick to fixing it is to put in your apple id over the top of the one it prompts for. Do this for all of them (Copy your email address and paste it in, as it is far quicker).

What is happening is itunes is trying to download some music that it seems to think is going on your phone. You can see as you put in each of the ids as your own, the downloading songs get removed. Very odd and worrying from apple this.

This was also a good solution to the problem. Thank you for the good idea!

Mor
Ears and Gears
http://www.earsandgears.com

zulukop

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2017
Minneapolis
just alittle info to help people out. On the computer you sync from you can click "get info" on apps and music/movies/tv shows and it will tell you what apple id is associated with the file.
[doublepost=1512311673][/doublepost]Can you please tell me where to go on the iMac to do this? My nephew backed his iPhone up on my computer and I know there is music on it that is not mine but too many to sort thru.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Did an iCloud restore to set up a new Phone yesterday and encountered this problem. The error message said that there are applications on the phone that were installed using a different apple ID and it then asked me to input the password for the apple ID. Unfortunately there were about 15 different ID's that i have never seen before. i made a note of some of them but i had to continuously hit cancel multiple times for each ID to get the restore to finish. This would appear to be sometype of apple bug which . I was just relieved that i was able to get the restore to finish

War Kalayaan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2020
Did an iCloud restore to set up a new Phone yesterday and encountered this problem. The error message said that there are applications on the phone that were installed using a different apple ID and it then asked me to input the password for the apple ID. Unfortunately there were about 15 different ID's that i have never seen before. i made a note of some of them but i had to continuously hit cancel multiple times for each ID to get the restore to finish. This would appear to be sometype of apple bug which . I was just relieved that i was able to get the restore to finish

i am having the same problem, I have an open case with Apple right now and it is more than a month and they don't know what happened or how to correct this. My problem started when I downloaded an app from Apple Store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.