Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbarr

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Tampa
Good afternoon. I recently purchased a kenwood mp442u headunit for my car. When I plug in my iphone 3g running the above mentioned software, it takes control of my 3g, shows the song and artist playing. However, instead of playing the audio through the speakers in my vehicle, it plays the audio through the speaker on my 3g. Weird huh?

Anyone have any thoughts. Oh, btw I JUST purchased the headunit so I cannot tell you if it worked properly in 2.2.1 or betas 1,2,3

bigbarr

whodigs

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
i am having the same problem and also unable to confirm if it will work on any other build.

We tried every cable Kenwood makes that is supposed to make this work and it just does not

whodigs

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
one suggestion is to patch the audio from the headphone jack into the AUX port of the HU

Really wish this unit would play the audio through the speakers and not the iPhone itself. Right now it is just a mess of wires to hook and unhook to charge and play the music through the head unit.

I'm going to give it a week or two and hopefully next build clears it up. Kinda lame if this HU just stops working because of a firmware update. Defeats the purpose of why I decided to swap out the OEM

whodigs

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
that's great and all, but when the actual release 3.0 comes in 2 months hopefully it's not still doing this ;p

To not be able to upgrade my cell, because my radio may not agree, is not right

olddude200

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Does not work for me...

works with beta 5 actually

Ver 3.0 is out today. Does not work on KDC 442U.

Got 3 errors reading my iPhone then just shows track 01 or 02..

Damm, just got head unit... Worked fine on old software ver. I really want cut and past of the Ver 3.0

whodigs

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
try to reset the head unit and see if that fixes the problem. The 3.0 release firmware is st5ill buggy though. It will work for a bit and then just lock up and not respond until you force a reset of the unit.

Sadly I bet this is something Apply could care less about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.